Thread: Ride On

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Ride On

How much Ride-On do I need to get for my .

Spyder Garage

I just got 3 bottles.. 11oz for each of the front and 16oz for the rear...
    2019 Ryker Rally

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Are there different formulas or something

So, I was looking and there are different types, for cars, ATVs and motorcycles. Are these different formulas or just different size bottles?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It is basically different sized bottles. For our Spyders they recommend going with the Auto formula, as they are really more like car tires anyway.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

That was what I was wondering. Gotta have the Ride On for when I get the new rims ready to go as balancing is apparently a problem, but with Ride On I don't have to worry about that! Thanks for the info.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

When I got my powder coated rims, we traveled with one in my trunk and the other in my wife's looking for a place that would mount and balance them for me. Finally, the 5th shop we stopped at said it would not be a problem and they did a great job. However, they said they would not want to remove my rear tire and do that one for me.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Well...

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    When I got my powder coated rims, we traveled with one in my trunk and the other in my wife's looking for a place that would mount and balance them for me. Finally, the 5th shop we stopped at said it would not be a problem and they did a great job. However, they said they would not want to remove my rear tire and do that one for me.
    I've already planned for that...taking new rear rim (after powder coated) with new tire I just ordered to tire shop. I hope they mount the tire on the rim since it won't have the sprocket or anything on it, then I've actually found a guy that was laid off due to the economy that is certified to work on Spyders who is going to put the back wheel on as well as a few other things (cheaper than the dealership of course). Basically, he can do everything but the mounting of the wheel on the rim and balancing it because he doesn't have the equipment for that. So, it looks like I'll have it all done...it's just I have to go through a process from one person/place to the next...so when all is said and done I will have used three separate places for the back wheel alone, but once it is done it will be worth it. I just want it done already because soon it will be riding season!! Hopefully it will be completed before March 20th because I'm wanting to put it in a show I think on that day, maybe it's the next weekend though, I don't remember for sure.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

You have been doing your homework, and have a great plan so far. I am also hoping it all works out for you as smoothly as possible. Hopefully you will be able to make it to that show and really turn some heads.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Ride-On

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda B View Post
    That was what I was wondering. Gotta have the Ride On for when I get the new rims ready to go as balancing is apparently a problem, but with Ride On I don't have to worry about that! Thanks for the info.
    If you experience some tire bounce after you put the ride-on in your tires dont be alarmed. It will take a few miles for centrifugal force to coat the tires and smooth out the ride.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTripod View Post
    If you experience some tire bounce after you put the ride-on in your tires dont be alarmed. It will take a few miles for centrifugal force to coat the tires and smooth out the ride.
    Very good point. That is also written on their web site, but if you did not see it or realize it is there it could feel a little troublesome.