Spyder Garage

Default RESOLVED! Need help in Locating the Parking Brake Bracket Part Number? Anyone help?

Hi All,

I would like to order a part, but I have not been able to find the part number. I've been going over parts lists but for some reason it is eluding me.

I am looking for the small bracket that connects the parking brake cable to the rear wheel brake assembly.

I can't find this part number and it seems odd, it's just a part. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be grateful for any help.

05-24-2024.jpg

05-28-2024.jpg

Thank you in advance for any help,

James
    Last edited by JamesLaz; 06-11-2024 at 08:51 AM.

Spyder Garage

Anyone know how I can order one of these, I'm surprised how hard it is to find this part number.

Thanks,
    James

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What’s wrong Jim, did your bolt fall out? That piece is not a separate part, thus no part number. It’s an integral part of the caliper assembly. However, read through this thread and try to contact Joel The Biker by PM if he’s still around. He’ll make you one. And reminder to all, keep checking that bolt.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...check)-WARNING
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 06-03-2024 at 09:25 AM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    What’s wrong Jim, did your bolt fall out? That piece is not a separate part, thus no part number. It’s an integral part of the caliper assembly. However, read through this thread and try to contact Joel The Biker by PM if he’s still around. He’ll make you one. And reminder to all, keep checking that bolt.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...check)-WARNING
    I was worried it may be part of the rear brake caliper assembly. It seems just stupid that you can't but a part. I did send a message to Joel The Biker and hopefully he can help. If not I don't know what my next option is. I don't have the part to reverse engineer it to have one made. I can't even find the part number to search for it.

It is a long story on how WE lost the bracket, my wife has some part in it when she tosses stuff she doesn't know what it is from the garage she never goes in! I lost a lot more than just that part, but that was all from my Spyder.

Thank you for your help.

James

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JamesLaz View Post
    I was worried it may be part of the rear brake caliper assembly. It seems just stupid that you can't but a part. I did send a message to Joel The Biker and hopefully he can help. If not I don't know what my next option is. I don't have the part to reverse engineer it to have one made. I can't even find the part number to search for it.

It is a long story on how WE lost the bracket, my wife has some part in it when she tosses stuff she doesn't know what it is from the garage she never goes in! I lost a lot more than just that part, but that was all from my Spyder.

Thank you for your help.

James
    Joel's last posting was in March, so he checks in from time to time. Plus, the OP in that thread ultimately got another arm sent directly from BRP to his dealer after they submitted a request. You might investigate that route, too. Good Luck.

Doug

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Resolved!

After doing as much research as I could and speaking with 4 different part houses I ordered what they all but one told me was the wrong part number. I ordered the "Rear Cable Support Kit" part number 219800241 and it arrived this morning. I really thought it was not going to be the correct part and I had been told by three of the parts houses that I would need to purchase the entire rear brake caliper assembly for around $500.

I opened the box and I saw the part I was expecting - the bracket that holds the parking brake cable in place, and my heart dropped; but then I noticed there was more in the packaging once I got past the outer wrapping. It is the entire assembly for the parking brake connection to the rear caliper.

Already installed and I am ready to go. The part cost about $40 and I was happy to pay it.

PARKING BRAKE LEVER.jpg

Rear Brake Caliper Assy.jpg

Thank you all who helped. I hope this thread may help someone else in the future.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-11-2024 at 10:15 AM.

Spyder Garage

So did you get that thing working the way it should??
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    So did you get that thing working the way it should??
    Yes, my Spyder is back up and running with my parking brake working again. I installed it as soon I got just to be sure it fit and worked. So happy it was not too expensive and is now resoled.

Spyder Garage

It’s really good to know what’s in that kit. Thank you for that. So, you played a hunch and look at that. You even got a new spring. Did you buy the lottery ticket, yet? Be safe and stay hydrated out there.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 06-11-2024 at 04:09 PM.

Doug