Quote Originally Posted by Bunson View Post
I agree that flat out stopping power of the brakes is very good at a minimum. My problem is me. I find it difficult to not induce some input to the handlebars on one side or the other which causes the bike to dart. The steering is rather quick and keeping a balanced grip on the bars under hard braking is difficult. I know it's me because if I take my hands off the bars first she stops straight. I thought of just raising my hands and covering my eyes might to the trick but that idea didn't go well with the wife.
Mr Bunson, the shimmy or darting you experience most often is on account of insufficient front wheel toe in. Under braking, the front suspension compresses. This induces toe out of the front wheels, and with that what you described.

If your Spyder has been aligned, or has not been aligned, consider a proper wheel alignment. If you have had it aligned already, revisit the tech that accomplished the task, explaining your concerns.

For comparison, our Spyder under normal braking can be a hands off the bars event. Under hard braking, the front does shimmy a moment, then as the front raises, awesome stability is restored. I do my own alignments and run minimum toe in, since 99.9999% of a ride is not hard braking.