Spyder Garage

Default Nanny engaged the outside brake today - what a strange feeling!

Today I was pushing my F-3 very hard downhill passing other bikes and for the first time the outside brake was engaged by the nanny. What a strange feeling while going hard around a corner. It took a few seconds to realize that something hadn’t broken.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-24-2024 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Removed Prefix - not 1330 engine specific & expanded title to briefly state the reason for the thread... ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZrailwhale View Post
    Today I was pushing my F-3 very hard downhill passing other bikes and for the first time the outside brake was engaged by the nanny. What a strange feeling while going hard around a corner. It took a few seconds to realize that something hadn’t broken.
    The computer decided you were exceeding the safety parameters designed into the system. I don't always agree with them; however, they have saved my bacon on more than a few occasions .... and I consider that to be better than the alternative..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-24-2024 at 04:51 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZrailwhale View Post
    If you suspect something is faulty, the task of nulling the two steering sensors is not difficult but does require BUDS or BUDS2 depending upon the year of the F3.

A sensor offset from nulled will trigger the safety systems, prior to there being a need for that. Then again, possibly all is fine and you found the limit.

Simply sharing, our Spyder had all sensors within range when I checked them. There were no noticeable concerns. Upon resetting, even though already within the range of correct, I immediately noticed the steering effort to be more balanced.