Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by racoon View Post
    Well...umm...:::sigh:::

At risk of being called an "Apple Fan Boy" I'm noping out of the Apple vs Google vs Android vs everyone else discussion.

Oh, and here's a list of vehicles that support Apple Carplay:

"More than 800 models to choose from."

https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/available-models/

No motorcycles listed, but another site lists Honda, Harley-Davidson, and Indian as brands that support Carplay on some, but not all, of their 2020 and newer models.

With that many companies supporting Carplay I question the suggestion that Apple is too expensive for some brands to support.
    I had apple carplay on my 2019 HD Ultra Limited with no isues and i also have it on my Goldwing which i purchased to replace my 2024 CanAm Spyder RT Limited
    -------------------------------
    2024 RT Limited, Petrol Metalic Sold, replaced with Goldwing
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights
    Show Chrome LED Trunk Lights with Run, Brake & Sequential Turn Signals
    Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
    Fobo Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Show Chrome Heavy-Duty Replacement Rear Trunk Lid Lift Support Strut / Shock
    Show Chrome Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
    SpyderExtras Billet Aluminum Handlebar Riser Kit

Spyder Garage

When ACP first came out on Subarus (2019-ish) there were a lot of issues, including the icon being completely greyed out, no audio, difficulty connecting, issues with iOS updates, etc. So maybe it takes a while for vehicle manufacturers and Apple to get all the hardware and software working together and correctly.

That doesn’t make it OK for BRP to claim that it works when it doesn’t, especially if they jumped the gun by a whole model year, but at least we aren’t alone.
    2024 Spyder RT Limited, Petrol Blue Metallic
    + Akrapovič exhaust, awww yeah

Spyder Garage

I am hopeful this will apply to all, though I have been quite open with them about the level of my irritation. I received this this morning before noon via email

Dear Mark,

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for purchasing a new Can-Am. We’re excited for you to begin your adventures with your new ride, and we appreciate your purchase.

After releasing the software update for Apple CarPlay, we experienced ongoing technical issues, resulting in you receiving your MY24 Can-Am Spyder without this originally planned feature.

Although your vehicle is still drivable without Apple CarPlay, we understand the desire to have this feature available now rather than later. While our teams continue to work quickly to make this feature available again, as a token of our appreciation for your patience, you can receive one of the following:

• A B.E.S.T coverage extension for one year (if applicable)

• A $500 Parts, Accessories and Apparel credit

Visit your local BRP-affiliated dealership by December 31, 2024, to redeem the extended coverage or the PA&A credit. When you redeem either compensation, you must bring your proof of purchase and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).

We will notify you when Apple CarPlay is available and provide more information on how to restore this feature to your vehicle from the comfort of your home or at your local dealership.

Thank you again for your purchase and your continued patience. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-888-272-9222.

Sincerely,
    Claudette
    BRP Customer Services Department

Spyder Garage

Interesting. I was supposed to get 1 year extra BEST coverage for pre-ordering, and I bought 2 years at the dealer for what I think should be a total of 5. Not sure if I could stack this extra year on or not? I haven't heard anything from them about this and I have been contacting them on a regular basis asking where ACP is.

Based on the tone of the email, ACP is not likely to be released anytime soon.

Spyder Garage

My dealer is looking into this for me too. Not sure but may be only BRP stuff, but they are looking to see if other non BRP accessories will be covered..my wife wants a seat cover on her 2023 S2S.. i dont need anything on my 2024 tho ( except the ACP and the BR sway bar and oh lololol )...
    2024 RT Sea to Sky screen now working but codes will remain until BRP releases the ACP update.
    2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green (guess what? NO errors at all in 9 months of owning!) Such a sweet S2S :-)

Spyder Garage

I wonder if i will still get the credit? I traded for a Goldwing due to this fiasco. Its the same Dealer for both the Spyder and the Goldwing
    -------------------------------
    2024 RT Limited, Petrol Metalic Sold, replaced with Goldwing
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights
    Show Chrome LED Trunk Lights with Run, Brake & Sequential Turn Signals
    Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
    Fobo Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Show Chrome Heavy-Duty Replacement Rear Trunk Lid Lift Support Strut / Shock
    Show Chrome Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
    SpyderExtras Billet Aluminum Handlebar Riser Kit

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We bought a 2018 with BRP Connect, that never worked as-promised and was never supported by any dealer. CA might be the only state with lemon laws loose enough to send the machine back for an audio malfunction.

Over the years, owners have stated that Apple Car Play would be sooooo much better: apparently, that has not materialized. The proposed compensation by BRP neglects anyone who purchased a 2018 - 2023 model year that their software never functioned as-promised. We have 3 models in that time period: the latest is a 2023 F3-L SS that software was never considered as a feature. In fact, the dealer specifically avoided discussing it.
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

My dealer didn't offer me BEST so the extra year isn't going to be of any use to me.

I might go for the Trailering Cover, since I have to trailer my Spyder to the dealer and drop it off for service, and then come back several days later when they're done. US $310.

And there's a CAN-AM zippered hoodie sweatshirt that looks interesting for US $100, and I'll round it out with a collection of CAN-AM baseball caps, although most of them are "snap back" caps, which I don't like.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 CAN-AM Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markari View Post
    I am hopeful this will apply to all, though I have been quite open with them about the level of my irritation. I received this this morning before noon via email

Dear Mark,

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for purchasing a new Can-Am. We’re excited for you to begin your adventures with your new ride, and we appreciate your purchase.

After releasing the software update for Apple CarPlay, we experienced ongoing technical issues, resulting in you receiving your MY24 Can-Am Spyder without this originally planned feature.

Although your vehicle is still drivable without Apple CarPlay, we understand the desire to have this feature available now rather than later. While our teams continue to work quickly to make this feature available again, as a token of our appreciation for your patience, you can receive one of the following:

• A B.E.S.T coverage extension for one year (if applicable)

• A $500 Parts, Accessories and Apparel credit

Visit your local BRP-affiliated dealership by December 31, 2024, to redeem the extended coverage or the PA&A credit. When you redeem either compensation, you must bring your proof of purchase and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).

We will notify you when Apple CarPlay is available and provide more information on how to restore this feature to your vehicle from the comfort of your home or at your local dealership.

Thank you again for your purchase and your continued patience. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-888-272-9222.

Sincerely,
    Claudette
    BRP Customer Services Department
    I hate being skeptical, but I think I'll wait until ACP is installed before I accept either option. And if anything needs to be signed for either of these, I would be very thorough about reading the fine print. If Dec.31 gets here and it's still not installed it would be a shame if you signed away your rights to proceed any further legally. Hopefully, they are just trying to do the right thing.

Spyder Garage

I might go for the Trailering Cover, since I have to trailer my Spyder to the dealer and drop it off for service, and then come back several days later when they're done. US $310.
    Only if you want to beat the paint off of it
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Only if you want to beat the paint off of it
    Description from the CAN-AM website:

Complete with no-scratch-flannel liner, convenient heat-resistant panel for exhaust protection, and all trailering attachments.
    It is an interesting question, to cover it on the trailer, or leave it exposed to road debris.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markari View Post
    I hate being skeptical, but I think I'll wait until ACP is installed before I accept either option. And if anything needs to be signed for either of these, I would be very thorough about reading the fine print. If Dec.31 gets here and it's still not installed it would be a shame if you signed away your rights to proceed any further legally. Hopefully, they are just trying to do the right thing.

I agree with what you’re saying about reading the fine print, don’t want to sign my rights away by accepting their offer.
    Interesting thing is it’s either there $500 or a year of BEST warranty, I don’t think a year of warranty cost that much.
    I think There trying to get you to take the money, and of course this is list price for their items, instead of the extra year warranty, do they know something they're not telling us about future issues that need warranty coverage?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-28-2024 at 07:11 PM.
    2024 RT limited Petrol Blue
    2018 RT limited pearl White
    2017 RTS pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Johndeeredoo View Post
    I agree with what you’re saying about reading the fine print, don’t want to sign my rights away by accepting their offer.
    Interesting thing is it’s either there $500 or a year of BEST warranty, I don’t think a year of warranty cost that much.
    I think There trying to get you to take the money, and of course this is list price for their items, instead of the extra year warranty, do they know something they're not telling us about future issues that need warranty coverage?
    I think I paid a little over $1000 for a 2 year BEST extension so $500/year is about right. And I agree the fine print needs to be gone over with a microscope before you sign or accept the offer.

I'm probably reading too much into it but since they are offering $500 now for the "inconvenience" I expect we'll continue to be inconvenienced now for a long time. It's obviously not coming by the end of May. At least not May 2024.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-28-2024 at 07:11 PM.

Spyder Garage

Description from the CAN-AM website:
    It is an interesting question, to cover it on the trailer, or leave it exposed to road debris.
    Have a look at this thread. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...9-Travel-Cover
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Have a look at this thread. ...
    I'm not going to be towing it 2,000+ miles in the winter.

It's to cover it on my Stinger trailer when I take it the 80 or so miles to the dealer to get it serviced, and then the 80 or so miles home after I pick it up.

And probably to cover it when it's stored in the garage over the winter months, when snow and ice make driving even AWD vehicles dicey where I live.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee

Spyder Garage

I'm not going to be towing it 2,000+ miles in the winter.

It's to cover it on my Stinger trailer when I take it the 80 or so miles to the dealer to get it serviced, and then the 80 or so miles home after I pick it up.

And probably to cover it when it's stored in the garage over the winter months, when snow and ice make driving even AWD vehicles dicey where I live.
    I’m confused. How did we manage to morph this thread from CarPlay availability to covering the Spyder when towing?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Sorry, my bad. I commented about what I was considering to purchase with the $500.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee

Spyder Garage

After my initial question regarding Apple CarPlay having not been installed on my new 2024 Spyder F3-S back in late March, I did speak to a representative at my dealership and today received a letter from BRP. Firstly, the representative at my local dealer where I purchased the Spyder was - to use a British phrase - gobsmacked to learn that ACP did not come installed when I bought it. In fact, he admitted he wasn't going to take my word for it and did his own research, resulting in him calling me back and profusely apologizing for being ignorant to it. So, I was not surprised to receive a letter from BRP today, which states...

"After releasing the software update for Apple CarPlay, we experienced ongoing technical issues, resulting in you receiving your MY24 Can-Am Spyder without this originally-planned feature. Although your vehicle is still drivable without Apple CarPlay, we understand the desire to have this feature available now rather than later. While our teams continue to work quickly to make this feature available again, as a token of our appreciation for your patience, you can receive one of the following: A B.E.S.T coverage extension for one year (if applicable) or A $500 Parts, Accessories & Apparel (PA&A) credit." It goes on to say that I have until Dec 31st to redeem either option and that I will be notified when Apple CarPlay is available.

I am not too learned on the difficulties getting ACP to work, but I did find it odd to read the word "again" when they wrote "while our teams continue to work quickly to make this feature available again." I was under the impression it never worked. I guess I'm wrong.

So, that's my update. I hope it helps those still wondering. I've yet had the update work when I go to preferences in the control system with WiFi enabled. Maybe one day it will.

- Declan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ISpydrF3S View Post
    I am not too learned on the difficulties getting ACP to work, but I did find it odd to read the word "again" when they wrote "while our teams continue to work quickly to make this feature available again." I was under the impression it never worked. I guess I'm wrong.
    It was released briefly for a few hours in early April. I happened to actually catch it and install it, seemed to work fine. Then they pulled it and rolled back to the initial firmware release which of course removed it again. I debated on whether to accept the rollback or not, but also figured it was rolled back for a reason and didn't want to brick the head unit or something stupid so I let it install the original firmware again.

I took pictures of it at the time just in case anything went weird, and here's proof that it did exist for a brief moment in time.

IMG_6363.jpg

IMG_6365.jpg

Spyder Garage

I love having Apple Carplay in my Honda Ridgeline.
    I plug my iPhone in as soon as I start the truck, then can use the screen in the center of the dash for navigation, along with playing music from my iPhone.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee

Spyder Garage

I love having Apple Carplay in my Honda Ridgeline.
    I plug my iPhone in as soon as I start the truck, then can use the screen in the center of the dash for navigation, along with playing music from my iPhone.
    Which is why I paid the extra dollarydoos for a 2024!

I just moved across the country so I really wanted to have the navigation functionality provided by ACP. As it is now, I have to let Apple or Google maps read me the instructions over the speakers or headset, which is better than nothing but doesn't compare to actually having the map in front of me so I know where to turn.

This riding season will be over before we ever get ACP I'm afraid.

Spyder Garage

Seems like a fair number of owners have tried the Carpuride 5 or 7 inch Carplay/AA IP67 weather resistant unit mounted to the handlebars or center mount and BT to your phone and headset.. At $200 -$250 it is seeming like the best way to go. Too bad BRP wont just give us $ to cover that.

I would jump on that for sure, but will not let BRP get away wiht defunct clusters or ill designed software or firmware.

Im gonna go on a limb here and say it wont be until middle of next year 2025 that the firmware gets fixed and Carplay becomes available. Which will create a huge issue for prospective buyers for Can Am onroad bikes..

BTW the Carpuride units do say that some Samsung phones may not work with the unit. S20 S21 IIRC but only because they might not run ACP /AA as wireless You will need to check if you can run that on your phone
    Last edited by WRCLVR; 06-08-2024 at 06:11 PM. Reason: added more info on Carpuride
    2024 RT Sea to Sky screen now working but codes will remain until BRP releases the ACP update.
    2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green (guess what? NO errors at all in 9 months of owning!) Such a sweet S2S :-)

Spyder Garage

BRP/Can Am is just weak and miles behind other motorcycle mfr's when it comes to dash software. Very sad

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I believe the word is "Milquetoast semi vaporware"
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-08-2024 at 06:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

I got one of those letters from BRP in the mail this week too. I might need to get some new handlebars.
    2024 Spyder RT Limited, Petrol Blue Metallic
    + Akrapovič exhaust, awww yeah