Spyder Garage

Default Any ideas why it's Difficult opening trunk? Any fixes?

I purchased my bike used, it was well-cared-for and is in great shape. The ONLY issue I've encountered to date is that the rear trunk is incredibly tricky to open. Sometimes I can sort of slam down on it and make sure it's shut and that does the trick, but it's still hit or miss as to whether it will open or not. Is this a common situation? Anyone else experiencing this, have any ideas for resolution?
    2019 Can-Am Spyder RT Ltd in dark gray, 50,000 miles on it.
    Purchased 4/26/2024, added 2,000 miles already

Spyder Garage

Lift up on bottom of door with one hand , other hand open latch. Lift up on door when you close instead of slamming.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by klessa View Post
    I purchased my bike used, it was well-cared-for and is in great shape. The ONLY issue I've encountered to date is that the rear trunk is incredibly tricky to open. Sometimes I can sort of slam down on it and make sure it's shut and that does the trick, but it's still hit or miss as to whether it will open or not. Is this a common situation? Anyone else experiencing this, have any ideas for resolution?
    Both the side bags and the rear trunk have an ADJUSTABLE cable ....it sounds like yours to be tightened..... Go look at a parts FICHE, this will show you where it is and what needs to be removed to get to it .....good luck ....Mike