Spyder Garage

Default Today's ride with pics

A good ride on a good day is medicine for the soul!

There are two photos showing a single-track road where an old railroad bed once was. It runs along the Warrior River near Tuscaloosa AL, and trains would haul coal from the nearby mines to barges on the river.

The other photo is one of many old, rusty bridges that apparently still pass inspection, and which make for a nice travel photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-16-2024 at 08:56 PM.
    John B.
    Current ride: 2020 Spyder RT-s Petrol Metallic Blue dark with OEM top case

Spyder Garage

I always enjoy great scenery pictures. Happily, we have a lot of that where we are.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thread title is “Today’s ride with pics”, so thought I would piggy-back mine on here. Hope that’s OK w/ you, BamaJohn.

Took a 87-mile ride this afternoon, checking out some of the other area farmers’ fields in two adjacent counties. We are about a week from starting our milo harvest, and just over two weeks from some corn being harvested.

A nice, comfy 100*F+ ride ….

Stopped and snapped a few pics at Hilltop Gardens near La Villa, TX. Interesting history regarding aloe vera production, as indicated on the historical marker sign in the pic.
    Last edited by BCNewell; 05-26-2024 at 09:31 PM.

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BCNewell View Post
    Thread title is “Today’s ride with pics”, so thought I would piggy-back mine on here. Hope that’s OK w/ you, BamaJohn.

Took a 87-mile ride this afternoon, checking out some of the other area farmers’ fields in two adjacent counties. We are about a week from starting our milo harvest, and just over two weeks from some corn being harvested.

A nice, comfy 100*F+ ride ….

Stopped and snapped a few pics at Hilltop Gardens near La Villa, TX. Interesting history regarding aloe vera production, as indicated on the historical marker sign in the pic.
    I hoped the title would bring others to share their rides, if only "today's ride". I'm sure there are some nice ride reports waiting to get posted.
    John B.
    Current ride: 2020 Spyder RT-s Petrol Metallic Blue dark with OEM top case

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJohn View Post
    I hoped the title would bring others to share their rides, if only "today's ride". I'm sure there are some nice ride reports waiting to get posted.
    I’ll play. Signs from Keystone SD,

20240518_184316_Original.jpg 20240518_184343_Original.jpg
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I was at the rally in Hot Springs, Arkansas last week, and one morning I headed out to the Queen Wilhelmina lodge. It was early-ish, and I hadn't met or seen another vehicle for miles going through the Ouichita national forest. There was mist in the pines on the shady side of the road, and shiny needles on the sunny side. Totally serene, Zen-like moment going through the curves and I thought, "Man, this is It. This is why I ride." Brought tears to my eyes it was such an amazing feeling and I had to frantically blink to see clearly through the next curve!

Wish I'd have stopped to try to get a photo at that moment, but I was too much into the ride to stop. But here are a couple from the general area.
    Last edited by Two2Three; 05-28-2024 at 07:28 AM. Reason: spelling
    2022 Spyder RT Ltd Petrol Metallic