Threaded View

Spyder Garage

08 GS was the first Spyder to hit the market. I had one and it was the first one sold to a customer in Alaska. The dealer snarfed the first two for himself and his wife.

That first one was a good one and I put 36K miles on it in two years. Our riding season in Alaska was April (if lucky) through October. The leaves were always gone the first week in September. I learned as much about Spyders as I could those first two years. I accessorized mine to the 9's. I did the same for the spouse in 2009. She got one of the first semi-auto's.

Information you find in the how-to's is mostly from later. We were all learning about them then. Many improvements have been made to the line, starting in 2010 with the RT. Yes, I had a premier edition one of those. #474. Glad to see you have one of the "originals." Sixteen years later it is good to hear that there are still some of them around.

Good luck with your new machine. Just be sure to read the "fine print" on some things.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-12-2024 at 03:53 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red