Spyder Garage

Spyder Hey Ya'll We Got A New Member! Lets welcome chdge64 to SL

Welcome chdge64, post up a hello, introduce yourself & get that 1st post notch on your Spyder!

Thanks for joining our forum community chdge64, from the staff at Can-Am Spyder & Ryker Three Wheel Motorcycles.

Here's some helpful links to start you along your journey here @SL:
    Forum Rules and Guidelines
    Do's & Don'ts for new Spyder Owners
    Check out & add your Spyder to the Garage
    Check the Visited Maps page & add your traveled Map to your signature

Do NOT post support questions here, please post them in the appropriate forum once your account is approved.

Spyder Garage

Default Hello

I am new to the 3-wheeler world. I have never rode 2 wheeled motorcycles, but I have a ton of time on ATV’s. I just bought a 2020 RT Limited and I am looking forward to many new experiences with it! I live in Eastern Washington, about 15 mins from Idaho if anyone is interested in showing me some fun places to go.

Spyder Garage

Welcome aboard chdge! You probably won't get a heap of answers in here, not too many visit all that frequently, but once your joining processing is complete and your username turns Blue, like SpyderBOT's, so that you can post elsewhere in the more frequented public pages, there is a Washington (&/or Idaho) sub-forum for Spyder & Ryker Riding Clubs, where you might be able to track down some nearby riders and arrange a few rides - just don't forget to add Ride Reports (with Pics) in that sub-forum! And there's also a SpyderLover User Map, (linked in the menu bar above the sponsors logo's) but it is a little cumbersome to use, drops a pin just about every time you click the mouse, and you really shouldn't try to get your pin too close to exactly where you are located anyway - those sorts of things are just open invitations to the low-lives who think your gear could make them some money! Hence the Warning Sticky in Spyder General Discussion.

I see from your profile that you are a vertigo sufferer, have you heard about VEDA, the US based Vestibular Disorder Association?? I too am a sufferer, only my balance function has been destroyed pretty much completely, so the vertigo is always there in some degree. But we heard about VEDA here in Oz, and with some help from them & the UK version, we started up & ran our own Ozzie VEDSA organisation based here in South Australia for quite a few years - only when it got to be too taxing for us older sufferers to do all the running of things, we passed it on to the next generation... onky they found it all too difficult so closed it down before their first year at the helm was out!

Still, there are people around your part of the world who are knowledgeable & helpful, who understand your difficulties, and who can help in a surprising number of ways - even if it's just thru giving you a sounding board &/or a shoulder to vent your frustrations on. And Spyder Ryding is a great stress relief too!

So again, Welcome Aboard!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-05-2024 at 07:43 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!