Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nytemagik View Post
    My motivations are I have a standard poodle, and can't take her with me she. I camp. My Angel < the bike > can even tow my popup camper but cant take my girl with me. I'd love to find a small sidecar I can make a harness for and take the pup along...
    Did you notice that the last poster ME answered this .....* years ago .... and did you read the other 23 posts ???? .... I hope someone can give you a satisfactory solution to your problem. I look forward to what the answer will be ....Mike

Spyder Garage

There are carriers out there that you can mount either on you passenger seat or on your trailer that IMNSHO are a much better idea.

https://theridersmarket.com/motorcycle-dog-carrier/

There is no external frame to mount a sidecar to. The Spyder frame is a central backbone. This would be a nightmare to construct and to ride. Sure death for both of you
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 04-15-2024 at 01:28 PM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My motivations are that I have a standard poodle, and I can't take her with me. I camp. My Angel < the bike > can even tow my popup camper, but I can't take my girl with me. I'd love to find a small sidecar I can make a harness for and take the pup along...
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    There are carriers out there that you can mount either on you passenger seat or on your trailer that IMNSHO are a much better idea.

https://theridersmarket.com/motorcycle-dog-carrier/

There is no external frame to mount a sidecar to. The Spyder frame is a central backbone. This would be a nightmare to construct and to ride. Sure death for both of you
    Nytemagik has a "Standard" size poodle .... they are almost the size of a German Shepard .... and he camps and has a Pop-up camper; I doubt he wants to attach a Dog carrier to the top of the camper ..... JMHI ... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-15-2024 at 02:00 PM.

Spyder Garage

Steering geometry would keep a sane man awake at night. The ?rig? would handle completely differently when turning right or left.
    The DOT people would go flipsoied when they saw it. You'd hear their laughs blocks away. First turn into the sidecar would be an education in understeer.
    If you really haven't been dissuaded by all our comments - build a two-foot RC model and see what happens.

Spyder Garage

My motivations are that I have a standard poodle, and I can't take her with me. I camp. My Angel < the bike > can even tow my popup camper, but I can't take my girl with me. I'd love to find a small sidecar I can make a harness for and take the pup along...
    With YOUR motivations and my lack of fabrication/engineering I think we can solve the issue: Rebuild the front storage area into a pup-condo. Pup in the condo, you at the helm, camping trailer in tow and there's even still enough room for a passenger. Now ya know! LOL

Very Active Member Dasmoetorhead's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think as mentioned before a trailer might be the answer. I too have a med sized hound (60 lbs) that likes to go everywhere with me. When I leave on the Spyder she waits by the garage door until I return. She just has to wait for jeep rides.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97

2022 F3S , Monolith black

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Not only an old post but the OP hasn't been here in almost exactly 4 years

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

8 years later, a reply? Wow! That has to be a record.
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series.
    2023 F3 Ltd SS , Mineral Blue / Carbon Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Albec View Post
    8 years later, a reply? Wow! That has to be a record.
    Nope! Not even close!!

There are threads that were started in 2010 popping up every now & then when someone posts a 'new and unanswered question' in them, gradually expanding the knowledge base & experiences shared... Which, after all, is what we're here for!! And since the Forum's been around for AT LEAST that long now, there really aren't too many questions that haven't been asked and answered at least once - if only people would search first & do some reading, then add to the older threads if warranted!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-21-2024 at 08:22 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Ummm...it's been a long while since I was an admin for a forum that used vBulletin, but isn't there a way for an admin to "lock" a thread from updates?
    And yes, I realize that reviewing "old" threads requires a bunch of effort, and the Admins are probably all volunteers, so ignore me if I'm out of line.

Oh, and all of you Admins? Keep up the great work!

Spyder Garage

If I did a sidecar, this is the one I'd want! Great for clearing traffic jams and settling road rage issues...

Sidecar.jpg
    Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

BajaRons@BajaRons.com
    423-609-7588

Spyder Garage

Depending on the size of your FURend what about a carrier on or in the trunk?
    2014 RT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by racoon View Post
    Ummm...it's been a long while since I was an admin for a forum that used vBulletin, but isn't there a way for an admin to "lock" a thread from updates?
    And yes, I realize that reviewing "old" threads requires a bunch of effort, and the Admins are probably all volunteers, so ignore me if I'm out of line.

Oh, and all of you Admins? Keep up the great work!
    But why would you want to lock an old thread, raccoon? It helps keep new threads to a minimum and there is usually good info in them, as Peter says . The only issue is if someone misses the date and asks the OP a question, expecting an answer, and the OP has not been a forum member for 10 years.

Pete.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round, with sag adjusted for extra 3/8” clearance up front
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

It doesn't stop people from viewing the thread, it only prohibits new posts.

So yeah, the whole 10+ year old thing.