Spyder Garage

Default Does my 2012 RTS have a CB? And can I change Speaker balance?

I recently purchased a 2012 Spyder RT-S and it shows that it has a CB installed when going through the services on the display. It has a plug-in installed in the center of the buttons on the tank, and also has the push to talk button on the left handlebar. It does not have a CB antenna installed. My question is, where is the CB radio located, and is there a way to get the CB radio to work well? I have read a lot of threads that say the CB radios do not work well on Spyders. I also would like to know if there is a way to change the balance on the radio for the speakers. I have found the fader, but not the balance for right and left speakers. Thanks.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-18-2023 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)
    2009 Red RS SE, red LED custom night lighting, red LED brake strips in back, unusual stereo fairing with 2/4" speakers,2/5" speakers and subwoofer in frunk, radio that has power outputs for cell phone and GPS, with GPS installed,4 inch risers, ultimate midrider seat with ostrich inlays, and spyder logo, heated hand grips, up and out mirror extensions, smoothspyder backrest, Seal floorboards, and maybe some stuff that I have not discovered yet.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hager-spider View Post
    I recently purchased a 2012 Spyder RT S , and it shows that it has a CB installed when going through the services on the display. It has a plug in installed in the center of the buttons on the tank, and also has the push to talk button on the left handlebar. It does not have a CB antenna installed. My question is, where is the CB radio located, and is there a way to get the CB radio to work well? I have read a lot of threads that say the CB radios do not work well on Spyders. I also would like to know if there is a way to change the balance on the radio for the speakers. I have found the fader, but not the balance for right and left speakers. Thanks.
    I can't address the CB, however if you found the preferences area click on AUDIO and go to the box that does the speaker settings, and adjust as desired ...... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-18-2023 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

Did just what you said, and found the fader adjustment, but there were no balance adjustments in those settings. Thanks anyway.
    2009 Red RS SE, red LED custom night lighting, red LED brake strips in back, unusual stereo fairing with 2/4" speakers,2/5" speakers and subwoofer in frunk, radio that has power outputs for cell phone and GPS, with GPS installed,4 inch risers, ultimate midrider seat with ostrich inlays, and spyder logo, heated hand grips, up and out mirror extensions, smoothspyder backrest, Seal floorboards, and maybe some stuff that I have not discovered yet.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

...The CB was not standard on any Spyder. It was installed by the Dealer or owner. If you don't have an antenna for the CB it will not work.

I would check with your local Spyder Dealer Technician about the CB.

Good Luck on Your Mission. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

The unit itself should be under your left side panel in front of the bag I believe, radio's on one side the CB is on the other.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all of the replies, will do some more checking, and see if I can find the CB and can get an antenna attached, then get a headset and see what happens.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Go to https://instructions.brp.com/e-instruction.html#tab=1 and click on the product name tab. Search for "CB radio". Review and/or download the instructions for the CB audio system. The lowest part # instruction is the one you want. It should give you all the info you need to use your CB. Both the audio unit and CB are below the right side passenger grip. Be aware there were issues with the earlier versions of the CB, up into the 2014 MY, so keep your expectations in check.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 08-23-2023 at 12:39 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)