Spyder Garage

Default Broke down in Anthem AZ

On my way to Phx for sprocket recall and hit some construction crap and got a flat. Don’t know if tire punctured or just broke the bead. Sitting here waiting for Ridenow to open to come and get me.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Well crap! I hate when that happens... I carry an inflator for this reason. That's good news they will come and get you tho! ;-)

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I tried my inflator but the bead is broke so it doesnt have enough umph to seal it
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    I tried my inflator but the bead is broke so it doesnt have enough umph to seal it
    Front tire or rear??

If you've got a long enough strap or rope handy, you might be able to get your inflator to work by securing the strap or rope around the circumference of the tire's tread in the direction of travel, then tightening it down until it forces the sidewalls down & out hard onto the beads, forming that necessary seal. If you don't have a ratchet strap or know how to do a double truckies hitch in a rope to let you tighten the starp/rope really tight, try sticking the longest screwdriver you have, a tire lever, or some similarly strong lever thru the gap between tire tread & rope/strap so that it's sticking out equally either side of the tread at 90° to the rope/strap & the direction of tire rotation, then twisting the lever around, causing it to wind up the rope/strap & so to twitch the rope/strap & tighten it down.... HARD!! This juuust might work to seal the beads onto the rim for you, but only IF the tire isn't punctured &/or the bead isn't damaged!

Good Luck!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Tried everything. Can’t get it. Tow truck on the way. Thx

Spyder Garage

Tire ruined. Hopefully rim ok. At Ridenow Peoria getting new tire and alignment. And sprocket recall

Spyder Garage

Tire ruined. Hopefully rim ok. At Ridenow Peoria getting new tire and alignment. And sprocket recall
    Sorry to hear the trouble. Hope everything turns out fine. Double yes on the alignement.

What tires are you getting?

Spyder Garage

All they have is Kenda. I will put a pair on and when I get back home will order a replacement Vredestein for the bad one and change them back

Spyder Garage

On my way to Phx for sprocket recall and hit some construction crap and got a flat. Don’t know if tire punctured or just broke the bead. Sitting here waiting for Ridenow to open to come and get me.
    So sorry to hear this. Your last post now shows you at RideNow Peoria.

Being just south of you at 101 and 51, where exactly did this happen?
    And, since RideNow Peoria is my dealer as well, how did you get the trike there?
    Ride safe; shiny side up, greasy side down.

best,
    linguine

2020 RT Limited , Chalk Gray

Spyder Garage

One more thing to carry now.... a ratchet strap
    BTW so glad you are safe and that they even had a tire to put on.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Well I am back home finally. $212 towing and $377 for 2 tires and alignment. To add insult to injury I got rained on within 6 miles of home. Tire had a broken belt. The pot hole was bad enough both mirrors came loose. Now I get to see if I can get a tire to match the good one, so I don't have to buy 2 new tires. Since I don't have any trips planned for a while (just day rides) I can take my time and get some use out of the Kendas. Definitely could tell the difference in the tires coming up the mountains. They didn't feel as stable and rode really rough.

Hopefully my insurance company will reimburse me for the towing. I tried to arrange towing through them, but my phone service was really spotty and I kept dropping. I was able to get though to Ridenow and they got me hoooked up with a towing company that specializes in motorcycles.
    Last edited by rjinaz86323; 05-18-2023 at 06:39 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad you're okay. What did you hit that ruined a tire?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Pothole. They are widening the freeway and it is a mess

Spyder Garage

Glad you and your Spyder are safe, back on the road, and home. Be careful out there.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Well I am back home finally. $212 towing and $377 for 2 tires and alignment. To add insult to injury I got rained on within 6 miles of home. Tire had a broken belt. The pot hole was bad enough both mirrors came loose. Now I get to see if I can get a tire to match the good one, so I don't have to buy 2 new tires. Since I don't have any trips planned for a while (just day rides) I can take my time and get some use out of the Kendas. Definitely could tell the difference in the tires coming up the mountains. They didn't feel as stable and rode really rough.

Hopefully my insurance company will reimburse me for the towing. I tried to arrange towing through them, but my phone service was really spotty and I kept dropping. I was able to get though to Ridenow and they got me hoooked up with a towing company that specializes in motorcycles.
    Wow! What an ordeal... That really sucks. Glad you are back home and can relax and breathe again! Nothing like having a major breakdown on a road trip. We all have our own versions of this nightmare...YUCK!

Chuck

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you were a member of AMA "American Motorcyclists Assoc." and had the membership card with you they will come to you 24 hours a day 7 days a week and fix or tow you FREE. call 1800-AMA-JOIN

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    Wow! What an ordeal... That really sucks. Glad you are back home and can relax and breathe again! Nothing like having a major breakdown on a road trip. We all have our own versions of this nightmare...YUCK!
    post a picture of your 15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

Spyder Garage

Well I got a new Vredestein and Tire Rack is reimbursing me for the new tire as part of their included road hazard. Also they provide free shipping so that helps. Got the Vredesteins back on and sold the Kendas I had to purchase to get back home. Ended up costing my about 80 dollars for the use of the Kendas to get back home. I still need to contact my insurance company to see if they will reimburse my towing charges.

Spyder Garage

Glad your safe. Your here to tell about it so you're the Winner!. It's a real hassle to have to deal with it on the road. I reckon it's part of the experience . Not the same, but I've experienced much of the same towing our trailer (5th wheel) across country and getting 3 flats.
    I kinda forget the bad times, but in the moment it sucks. Glad your back up and running.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    2022 F3S , Monolith black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well I got a new Vredestein and Tire Rack is reimbursing me for the new tire as part of their included road hazard. Also they provide free shipping so that helps. Got the Vredesteins back on and sold the Kendas I had to purchase to get back home. Ended up costing my about 80 dollars for the use of the Kendas to get back home. I still need to contact my insurance company to see if they will reimburse my towing charges.
    WOW - they actually warrantied that tire ..... did they know it was on a ....SPYDER ....Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    WOW - they actually warrantied that tire ..... did they know it was on a ....SPYDER ....Mike
    Don't know, don't care. When you buy a tire from Tire Rack they always include 2 year road hazard coverage. And the tire was shipped free and arrived in 2 days.

Spyder Garage

Don't know, don't care. When you buy a tire from Tire Rack they always include 2 year road hazard coverage. And the tire was shipped free and arrived in 2 days.
    Now, there's a company that stands behind their products. Worth knowing. I will file this information away for future needs.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Now, there's a company that stands behind their products. Worth knowing. I will file this information away for future needs.....
    Just so you know, it is NOT really "included" it is baked into the price and averages 52.00 per tire. Still, it is nice to have and it has paid off for me on a 550.00 tire!!

Chuck

Spyder Garage

My Vredestein tires were only $96 each to my door, so not much ‘baked’ into the price.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just a word of caution .... If TireRack or any other seller asks " what vehicle are you using / putting this on " .... well if you tell them it's for a CanAm Spyder, they shoudn't sell it to you. ... for legal reasons. They won't care that your tires have " J " beads on them AND the Spyder is delivered with Wheels that are for " J " bead tires. All they will care about is the Spyder is registered as a MOTORCYCLE - Period. .... I have been cautioning folks here for more than a Decade about telling the Seller that the tire is for a Motorcycle. .... JMHO .... Mike