Quote Originally Posted by ollicat View Post
OK venting here. I took my Spyder in for an oil change, replace the seat shock, check out the squeak in my brakes, and to rewire a light from the battery to the the accessory switch. After 5 weeks, they got MOST of the work done. Never got to the brakes - fine. They say they did the oil change, rewired the light and put on a new shock under warranty.

I get the bike back and find out - now the light doesn't work at all and worse, I investigated the strut and they never touched it. You can still see all the grim on it from when I brought it in - not a shiny new strut. But they billed Can Am for it and billed me for the light. (I sure hope that they actually did the oil change.)

Now I have to bring the bike back (50 minutes each way) and this time wait for them to do the work they said they had already done. I have a REALLY big problem with both shoddy and dishonest dealers. Such is the time we live in now.
When my boat was scheduled for a 50 hr inspection, I took it to a dealership. I made it a point to put a black dot with a felt pen on both the fuel and oil filters. They had my boat for a couple of days. When they said it was ready to be picked up, I decided to check to see if they indeed replaced both filters prior to hitching it up to my truck.

And wouldn't you know it ?? I saw the black dots which proved that they didn't even bother to change the filters.

Some dealerships are REALLY rip-off artists and don't really give a damn about their customer's car/boat/bike/whatever.

That is why most of them are called "stealerships" ....