Spyder Garage

Default Do Passenger armrests lock in place for ryding?

I have a 2018 RTL. I haven't looked deeply but it seems that the armrests swing out of the way for mounting or getting off the bike. My question is when in place going down the road do they lock in place? In other words can the passenger lean against the armrest in the corners or will it just swing out?
    Thanks
    2018 RT Limited

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

In my understanding, the ones from BRP swing UP, and they don’t lock in place. However, they do not swing OUT, keeping your passenger in place while cornering.
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

I have the BRP armrests on my 2019 F3L. They lock in place and are released with a lever. They only swing out a little, maybe 30 degrees. We don't bother as you don't really need them to move to get in and out.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-14-2022 at 04:06 AM. Reason: They... ;-)
    Thunder's just the noise. Lightning does the work.

Spyder Garage

I bought a 2019 F3 Limited already equipped with these passenger arm rests. Like was stated they swing out about 30 degrees for passenger to get on but we don't use that feature, passenger just gets on first. My question is are there any bolt on cup holders, (or a good work around) for cup holder for these arm rests?? Thank you.

ARMRESTS.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-17-2023 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)

Spyder Garage

sparky, if you look under the the front of right armrest, is there a RAM ball on yours? If so, there's endless possibilities for mounting cup holders... or anything else your passenger would like! Mine came with it but I'm not sure that they all do.
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bunson View Post
    I have a 2018 RTL. I haven't looked deeply but it seems that the armrests swing out of the way for mounting or getting off the bike. My question is when in place going down the road do they lock in place? In other words can the passenger lean against the armrest in the corners or will it just swing out?
    Thanks
    2010 - 2019 RTL Armrest

The BRP OEM arm rest move up and down, here is an installation video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3jUMPBt1OY

There are also aftermarket armrest and they move in and out you can see an example here of one type of armrest and installation video on that page. https://www.lamonstergarage.com/show...-am-spyder-rt/
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Just for clarification, armrests are different from each other depending on the models' year. We just traded our 2019 RTL in on a 2023 RTL. The armrests on the '19 didn’t swing out, only up. The armrests that fit the '23 are different and those made for the '19 will not fit the '23. The armrests for the '23 appear to swing out a bit. Probably won’t put armrests on the new one since my gf doesn’t like the looks or the way they work.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-18-2023 at 12:42 PM. Reason: ' 's ;-)
    2023 RT Limited , Red/ black