Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Can-Am should have put the cruise control switch where I did. My location is better ergonomically, as you do not need to reposition your hand to reach the switches, and there's one less thing to clutter up the handlebars. (With hand guards, is the switch even farther away?) Ironic that Can-Am issues this warning in cruise control instructions: "Always keep both hands on the handlebar while riding. Otherwise, this could cause a vehicle loss of control."

Also, the factory cruise control is a single button. You use it to turn cruise on and off, and to set the speed. There is no accel/decel capability, like every car that I have ever driven has. To increase speed with factory cruise, you use the throttle to set your new speed, then press the cruise button for at least 1 second. To decrease speed, you must first press the cruise button to deactivate cruise (or tap the brake), set your new lower speed, then reactivate with another 1-second button press. (This from the 2022 Ryker Operator's Guide.) Perhaps not a big deal, but I do use accel/decel switches often myself. Press and hold to accel/decel to the desired speed, or press x times to change x mph.

An advantage is the factory cruise will disable if VSS is activated.
    Attached Images Attached Images