Spyder Garage

Default Holy scamooly serious parts delay!

So 9 weeks ago I hit a deer. The process went flawless as in insurance clam etc. Yes there was some back and forth supplemental payments needed but insurance company said they’d pay in full and since it was a deer no deductible. All the parts were ordered with the appraisal at just shy of $8400. The dealer has been waiting for 1 part. Everything else came in one week except that 1 part. (Correction the second week the dash panel flare came in) Hope no one needs a Right fog lamp assembly! It’s been 6 weeks since it was ordered and BRP just replied it will be another 10 weeks till expected delivery date. They have plenty of left but no rights. I looked it up online and that’s what it also says on their site. I’m half temped to order my own on cheapcycle parts and eat the $350. They have them in stock it says. Then again, I can’t ride till March anyway, although this winter has taken a turn. There were zero days in November to ride because of all the snow and now we’ve had the 5th warmest December on record. Go figure! So for now, my spyder is sitting in my snowmobile trailer, completely stripped down waiting for that one part. I picked it up and took it home since it was going to be sitting outside all November. NO WAY a stripped down spyder that I own sits outside!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-21-2021 at 02:43 PM. Reason: detectable = deductible ;-)

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    So 9 weeks ago I hit a deer. The process went flawless as in insurance clam etc. Yes there was some back and forth supplemental payments needed but insurance company said they’d pay in full and since it was a deer no deductible. All the parts were ordered with the appraisal at just shy of $8400. The dealer has been waiting for 1 part. Everything else came in one week except that 1 part. (Correction the second week the dash panel flare came in) Hope no one needs a Right fog lamp assembly! It’s been 6 weeks since it was ordered and BRP just replied it will be another 10 weeks till expected delivery date. They have plenty of left but no rights. I looked it up online and that’s what it also says on their site. I’m half temped to order my own on cheapcycle parts and eat the $350. They have them in stock it says. Then again, I can’t ride till March anyway, although this winter has taken a turn. There were zero days in November to ride because of all the snow and now we’ve had the 5th warmest December on record. Go figure! So for now, my spyder is sitting in my snowmobile trailer, completely stripped down waiting for that one part. I picked it up and took it home since it was going to be sitting outside all November. NO WAY a stripped down spyder that I own sits outside!
    Question !!! how many days are / were you planning on riding this WINTER ..... $ 350.00 is not chump change, at least not to me ..... Mike .... PS - are you insured all winter ?????

Spyder Garage

I would ask the dealer to order it from cheapcycle, then it would be covered under the insurance claim.

Spyder Garage

Perhaps there's a chance that one is in stock at different dealer and that it could be transferred to your dealer. Any dealer can look up a part number and tell you if there is one to be had. If there is, it might involve some serious finagling, but there's a chance...
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Question !!! how many days are / were you planning on riding this WINTER ..... $ 350.00 is not chump change, at least not to me ..... Mike .... PS - are you insured all winter ?????
    I agree not worth the $350 for 100 or so miles. Concern is will it come in 10 weeks or next June? I got lucky and my sled came in on time this year. There’s lots of guys that have spring ordered and they still haven’t been built yet. If that was to happen and the part be pushed to June, I bet they’ll be sold out everywhere by then. I’m going to call and see if they can buy from cheapcycle. I’ve got to call them first and make sure they actually have it vs website saying they have it. If dealer buys from them it’s a win win like longisland said. If not, I’ll wait. It is insured. The main reason is fire or theft is full coverage. No home owners policy no matter who you buy from will cover everything with fire. I have full replacement. I have so many tools and toys the $80000 Ryder would never cover all of it. So full coverage on the sleds, trailers, spyder, SXS and I know it’s covered. I only pay once a year for the spyder insurance and it’s up in March. I have other things to do besides ride the spyder if and when it starts to snow again.

Spyder Garage

Maybe make sure your insurance does or does not have repair time limits. End of year around corner & claim already made hopefully will not cause problems. Hopefully

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

State Farm’s has no time limit due to parts shortage etc. already verified that when the first call was made. The only time limit is 30 days after pickup (signing acceptance papers) to apply for any additional supplemental. So say something needs adjusted, tightened, replaced or repaired can be documented and covered 30 days after completion. Great question and one of my first concerns when the final assessment was submitted.

Spyder Garage

Most vehicle dealers do parts/inventory sharing. Not sure about BRP dealers. They seem to do their own thing. But your repairing dealer SHOULD be able to find out if ANY BRP dealer has the parts you need with just a few strokes on their computer. If Cheap Cycle Parts does, indeed, have what you need perhaps your insurance company can assist by putting pressure on your dealer to get your case closed. If insurance is paying for the parts, it should not matter to your dealer where they buy them..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

State Farm’s has no time limit due to parts shortage etc. already verified that when the first call was made. The only time limit is 30 days after pickup (signing acceptance papers) to apply for any additional supplemental. So say something needs adjusted, tightened, replaced or repaired can be documented and covered 30 days after completion. Great question and one of my first concerns when the final assessment was submitted.
    I also have State Farm ( for two cars ) .... last year I had an accident, (cosmetic only ) total repair cost $ 3200.00 ( $500 deductible ) .... the damaged vehicle ( 2007 Toyota van with almost 200,000 mi. ) that I had paid $4500.00 for 4 years ago. State Farm agreed to pay me $2700.00 .... Sooooooooooo, I based on what the van was Now worth ( completely fixed ) against the State Farm payout. I took the money and did most of the repairs myself, at zero cost ) ..... something to consider ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I know how you feel. My bike has been sitting in the shop since 10/19/2021 waiting on a part.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The reframe from my accident on my 2020 F3 in the first week June took almost 4 months to complete due to parts not being available. It felt like the longest 4 months of my life especially with missing out on a lot of group rides with the DMV Spyder Ryders over the summer.

Total repair was a little over 10k with a $500 deductible oh and an additional 275 for the "break in " service...LOL

Also the parts department had to refund me for the passenger seat kit I ordered in February due to the fact that brp kept pushing back the delivery date. Getting ready to order an ultimate seat after the new year so my wife can go riding with me in the spring (hopefully) keeping my fingers crossed as the passenger seat seems to be the holy grail with this Spyder for me.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 12-22-2021 at 01:50 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

A lot of stuff from cheap parts is dealer stock that they work with. Dealers don't seem to work we each other like that. If it was mine and the part was available, I would get it asap. Then try and work something out with insurance if not the dealer for a credit. I absolutely would have the spyder fixed in the off season. They wouldn't be as rushed and if they found something else they needed to get you wouldn't be waiting during riding season.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    Perhaps there's a chance that one is in stock at different dealer and that it could be transferred to your dealer. Any dealer can look up a part number and tell you if there is one to be had. If there is, it might involve some serious finagling, but there's a chance...
    From comments made in the past here I think BRP already does that. Some have mentioned that a part they ordered from BRP was shipped from a dealer across the country.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just wondering.....
    If a customer came into our shop for a repair and the parts were of a LONG BACK ORDER there is no way I would allow my crew to leave your motorcycle / Spyder outside in the weather to rust.... you may want to locate another dealer.

Spyder Garage

It’s now a mute subject. Just got off the phone with 3 different parts distributors including cheapcycle and none of them have the part. They all said the same date that BRP gave me. There are none period. National and international. None in USA or Canada ( North America) Suppose to be produced in March. Guess it doesn’t matter now. She’s parked and on tender for the winter. Hopefully it will be produced in March, shipped in April. There is just a little crack on the fog light so if it doesn’t come in April I will just have them leave that old fog light in and repair everything else and when it comes in replace with new one if they are willing to do that. Have to investigate that later in February.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    I know how you feel. My bike has been sitting in the shop since 10/19/2021 waiting on a part.
    YEP...My new Ski Doo Renegade is still in the crate at the dealer waiting for the Speedo cluster...Going on 7 weeks now...
    54 Snowmobiles...7 Dirtbikes...4 Atv's...8 Streetbikes...1 Tricycle...Since 1969...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerRider1959 View Post
    YEP...My new Ski Doo Renegade is still in the crate at the dealer waiting for the Speedo cluster...Going on 7 weeks now...
    Yep my buddy spring ordered a renegade and his expected date for his gauges is the last week of January now. His sled is sitting at the dealer in a crate. Not even assembled to extend his warranty. I must have been the luckiest guy in the world dealing with that. We spring checked the same day for 2022. Him first mine second. My backcountry x-146 came in 3 weeks before his and mine had the gauges. The shutdown/delay happened right after the first batch was sent out. Summit and backcountry were first built followed by renegade and enduro. Anyone ordering the new 900 are really screwed!