Spyder Garage

Default 2 Spyders in a toy hauler?

I've been collecting bids on UBid to haul my 2 Spyders to FL for the winter. I have one bid from a guy that has a 6x12 toy hauler, who has bid a very competitive rate, and he has stellar feedback. I'm just concerned about the space; a dealer told me I would need, at minimum, a 7x14 trailer. Other haulers with bigger rigs have bid, so it's not a make-or-break decision to use this particular bidder. I just don't want to keep him hanging on if he isn't equipped - or hire him to find out the bikes won't fit...

Any advice is appreciated.

Keith
    2009 SE5 , Yellow

Spyder Garage

My barn door measured 6ft, and after getting the spyder home had to have the guys that built it expand it another foot. The wheel itself sticks out too far for 6ft, my opinion. Width is 59.3 but thats less than I want to play with.
    Lenght of a spyder is 105 inches(8.75ft)..gonna need a pretty big one for 2. Good luck with it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well.. They could fit rear to rear if you angle the Spyders... You'd have to try this in your driveway and measure and then determine if there is even enough room to get them set up that way on a 6 foot wide trailer.

Spyder Garage

The width of the entrance door is more important than the width of the trailer. A six foot wide trailer usually does not have a six foot door. In fact, the inside dimensions are going to be slightly less. A 6x10 trailer usually refers to the outside dimensions.

Spyder Garage

So far, this one sounds like it'll be more of a pain than I want to deal with. Thanks for the info, everyone.

Keith
    2009 SE5 , Yellow

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have been looking at trailers and agree with other posters. 6' wide trailers seem to have about 63" clear thru the door. Too close for me!

I am curious if folks have put 2 Spyders in a 7 x 12 or do you need 7 x 14+?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd say you might want to go with a 14' trailer... of course I couldn't tell you for sure cuz I ride my Spyder everywhere
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I've hauled both my Boss Hoss Trike and my Spyder in my toy hauler camper, but the inside measurements of the storage compartment are 8ft X 14.5ft being I'm 8.5ft wide outside. I have no problem with this but they are only about 8 inches apart. I also have an enclosed 7 X 14 V nose enclosed cargo trailer, which is what I think your talking about, the inside width is about 6.5ft. They would not work in it. The Boss Hoss trike is identical to the Spyder in width, but a little longer. with either the trike or the Spyder along in the Cargo trailer you only have about 9.inches on each side in the trailer, and only about 3inches coming thru the door. I don't know how you would get in the door of a 6ft wide. Unless you go with a 20ft long trailer, were you can go nose to tail, I think you would need at least a 8ft wide trailer. here you would pull one in, and back the other in were your back wheels would be almost side by side. Below is a picture of them in my toy hauler, there is a fold up sofa on one side, but the BH wheel and fender go behind it. Although tied down good I also use a 4 x 4 between the tires and the wall, to keep the wheels and fenders from rubbing on the wall.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=kravnh;160515]I've been collecting bids on UBid to haul my 2 Spyders to FL for the winter. I have one bid from a guy that has a 6x12 toy hauler, who has bid a very competitive rate, and he has stellar feedback. I'm just concerned about the space; a dealer told me I would need, at minimum, a 7x14 trailer. Other haulers with bigger rigs have bid, so it's not a make-or-break decision to use this particular bidder. I just don't want to keep him hanging on if he isn't equipped - or hire him to find out the bikes won't fit...

Any advice is appreciated.

Keith

I haul 2 in my 8x10 toy hauler. One forward and one facing rear. 7 x 14 will work. You might get a quote from Wizard motorsports LLC. He is very good and hauls bikes to Sturgis every year.