Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    You'll never regret buying a trailer. I've been pulling one for eight years and have many, many thousands of miles pulling it. I just got back from a 7200 mile trip and I pulled it all but maybe one mile. You don't even know it's back there.
    Copperman, I have nothing to add to the trailer debate. But I just want to say, that is an awesome picture of your spyder and trailer
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

We love our Lumina XL. More space for half the price of the fancy fiberglass versions.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Copperman, I have nothing to add to the trailer debate. But I just want to say, that is an awesome picture of your spyder and trailer
    Thanks.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Now I may be a little on the extreme side of this debate, but I have never gone anywhere with my Spyder
    without the trailer. I have 7500 miles on the 2020,all with the trailer Why? Because I just like having the trailer.
    Never had an issue with any trailer always check the wheel bearings, never overloaded it, RT 622 is the one to get.
    I've had 4 RT622 trailers.. I totaled 1 Spyder and trailer in a accident.

Nexus

20210428_143846.jpg

20170730_114020 (1).jpg

New Tank 11-513 077 (1).jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I considered a trailer a trailer when I bought my 20 RTL, but there was their was the cost of the trlr and the hitch and storage when not in use. The 20 RTL has 47 gallons of storage, so we adapt and have not needed a trailer yet. Would it be more convenient for a road trip, oh yes, no question. I keep an open mind about a trailer, seems a unigo would work just fine if I got real serious. I think a special hitch is required.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    I considered a trailer a trailer when I bought my 20 RTL, but there was their was the cost of the trlr and the hitch and storage when not in use. The 20 RTL has 47 gallons of storage, so we adapt and have not needed a trailer yet. Would it be more convenient for a road trip, oh yes, no question. I keep an open mind about a trailer, seems a unigo would work just fine if I got real serious. I think a special hitch is required.
    I have cut the vertical frame off of my GL1800 Uni-go hitch and bored a 3/4" hole in it that mates to the 3/4" hole in a standard RT hitch. Mounted with a 3/4" bolt and nylock nut plus a 1/4" spring pin to prevent rotation. Makes the same adapter you can buy from Uni-go, and you don't have to wait a year to get it. Still awaiting electrical adapter (needs to be a five-wire) to connect to the Uni-go mating plug that I saved off of the GL1800. I will post when it is all together and tested. We plan to pull our Uni-go to Barber in October. Love how we can just roll it into the room which takes care of unpacking/security/parking issues.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Great plan pidjones, thanks for the reply. Enjoy the journey. The 'we' means you ride two up, the unigo should be 'just right.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Great plan pidjones, thanks for the reply. Enjoy the journey. The 'we' means you ride two up, the unigo should be 'just right.
    But, I've learned to have her pack the trailer the night before we leave, then I sneak in and remove about 50% of the stuff she put in it! We came back from the Grand Canyon and I found five pairs of blue jeans in the bottom that had never been removed.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Another good plan, well maybe.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    But, I've learned to have her pack the trailer the night before we leave, then I sneak in and remove about 50% of the stuff she put in it! We came back from the Grand Canyon and I found five pairs of blue jeans in the bottom that had never been removed.
    You sir are very courageous man, or your wife has very short memory, or both

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Thanks everybody for all of your great insights and ideas. You have convinced me that I need to put a trailer in my sights for shopping.
    I know many have said they are having great experiences with different brands of trailers, however, I think I'm leaning toward going with a Can Am. There's something about it being the same brand as the bike that I like.
    I kind wanna puke when I think about right after I bought our RTL last October, I was at Cruizr Joe's house. Copperman was there too. They both encouraged me to buy a black/red RT622 that was for sale on this site at the time, for a good price. It would've closely matched my RTL color. I hesitated back then, and now what few RT622's that come up for sale are substantially higher in price. One of those snooze ya lose type things.
    Well, I'm gonna be in the market.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Big Lenny