Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Apparently waiting nine years to change out the second Yuasa in my '06 GoldWing was not the right way.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    Apparently waiting nine years to change out the second Yuasa in my '06 GoldWing was not the right way.
    Don't compare a battery dying in a Goldwing (at least pre-2018) with one dying in a Spyder. As the battery loses its oomph in a Goldwing you get plenty of warning with slow cranking, dimming headlights, etc. In the Spyder you don't get such a good warning as it is voltage sensitive. As soon as the voltage drops to below 10.5 when you hit the starter, you're done for. And that can happen without the usual signs of the battery dying, like slow cranking. And since the headlights don't turn on until the engine starts you don't have them for a warning factor. I got five years, or was it six, out of my Yuasa in my 2005 Goldwing. I got 5 years out of the one in my current Spyder, but I sure kept a close eye on it during the last year.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So far has worked pretty well for me and my herd.

Spyder Garage

Batteries are the one item you rely on the most on your vehicles but yet they are the most unpredictable items. I don't remember any cars or motorcycles I have had for more than two years and not having to replace the battery. Yes, the AGM batteries seems to last longer than the old style flooded ones, but they still die a certain dead sometimes. If a battery is more than 4 years old then I would replace it just to be safe (I did on my RT-L) because you know it will give you problem at the most inconvenient time. I agree with few posts here that nowadays you should have a portable battery jumper with your Spyder, I have one and don't have to use it just yet (knock on wood.)
    Cheers!
    ‘21 Honda Rebel 1100 DTC Burgundy
    ‘13 Spyder RT-L Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well yesterday I went to the "Battery Warehouse" I regularly deal with to purchase a Deka ETX18L AGM battery...Owner says NONE available...Called his supplier and said they don't know when...Now we have a powersport battery shortage???

I like Deka's battery cable attaching system better than any of the others...Plus they never corrode...

I have one coming from another source but it will take a couple of days...And they only had one...

larryd

Spyder Garage

I know this an old post but has anyone tried renegadebattery.com ? I switched to them in my ATV n snowmobile's n Harley and have been extremely happy and mine in the sleds are 6 yrs old n going strong. I ordered one for my 2012 rt. They usually arrive in 3 days.
    2012 RT , Bajaron plugs n wires Blue