Spyder Garage

Default Plug gap - different recommendations, which should I use?

Factory says 22 but got wires n plugs from Baja Ron n paper work says the recommend .034 for best performance. You feel this is true ? That much over factory settings ?
    2012 RT , Bajaron plugs n wires Blue

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

what year and model Spyder are you talking about?
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

If Ron says .034 it's for the plugs he is selling and he has done his research.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    what year and model Spyder are you talking about?
    2012 rt

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    If Ron says .034 it's for the plugs he is selling and he has done his research.
    I just got off the phone with Ron, SUPER pleasant guy. Said he he never heard of the .022 gap I said I Google it n the .022 came up for a 2012 rt

Spyder Garage

My 2012 RTL manual page 458 Spark Plug gap States .031 to .035 so Ron has it right. If Ron tells you something about what he sells you can take to the bank, he is very knowledgeable.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 07-19-2021 at 05:45 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I was going to order the JT air cleaner n can only find 1 place that sell it n they dont have them on hand.

Spyder Garage

Well checked the plugs I got from Bajaron n they were 30 so bumped them to about 32, also used Ron's wires. So after all that and new 1/8 inch silicone vacuum lines n low fuel filter n lines n purge valve delete, it done sound bad at all. Throttle is very responsive. I am not putting the factory air cleaner back on, I'm going to bite the bullet n get the JT air cleaner Hopefully it's a new bike when I get done.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chromehorse View Post
    Well checked the plugs I got from Bajaron n they were 30 so bumped them to about 32, also used Ron's wires. So after all that and new 1/8 inch silicone vacuum lines n low fuel filter n lines n purge valve delete, it done sound bad at all. Throttle is very responsive. I am not putting the factory air cleaner back on, I'm going to bite the bullet n get the JT air cleaner Hopefully it's a new bike when I get done.
    Just make sure that the JT filter is what you want read what it states about it not being able to sit out in the rain. The filter is a pain but you should be all set now for about 40,000 miles with Rons Plugs and Wires. On a job well done.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chromehorse View Post
    Let me know what you think, about the air cleaner, plugs and wires, please, because you have done just what mine needs and I am sitting on the fence, fighting with myself if I want to tackle the job!!! How bad was it getting that darn box off??
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    Just make sure that the JT filter is what you want read what it states about it not being able to sit out in the rain. The filter is a pain but you should be all set now for about 40,000 miles with Rons Plugs and Wires. On a job well done.
    No difference than my Harleys that sat or were ridden in the rain, they are semi open paper filter.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Let me know what you think, about the air cleaner, plugs and wires, please, because you have done just what mine needs and I am sitting on the fence, fighting with myself if I want to tackle the job!!! How bad was it getting that darn box off??
    It's a nightmare to get to the front plug but with the factory air cleaner gone it's all open now. Took a full day to do it but glad I did.. yes I dreaded it but glad I did cause I found my cracked fuel line n then replaced my fuel filter also.