Spyder Garage

Default RH mirror housing clip guidance

Discovered that my RH mirror was hanging by a thread.
    Since my last oil change someone at the stealership must have broke the top clip, the one that slides onto the flat top peg and not either of the two with the springs in them. Nice that they didn't mention this and I was lucky that the mirror assembly did not fall off while underway.

Anyway, whats left of the clip has IT and part number POM 3048674 which I have not been able to find.
    Consulting a parts diagram shows a part number 219800158.
    It would be great if someone could confirm that this is the correct part number.

diagram.jpg

Many thanks in advance,

Y

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Y-me View Post
    Discovered that my RH mirror was hanging by a thread.
    Since my last oil change someone at the stealership must have broke the top clip, the one that slides onto the flat top peg and not either of the two with the springs in them. Nice that they didn't mention this and I was lucky that the mirror assembly did not fall off while underway.

Anyway, whats left of the clip has IT and part number POM 3048674 which I have not been able to find.
    Consulting a parts diagram shows a part number 219800158.
    It would be great if someone could confirm that this is the correct part number.

diagram.jpg

Many thanks in advance,

Y
    Yep that's it # 16.. .....and your are lucky I think the mirror is about $250.00, you arn't the only member who has had this issue with Dealer Techs ..... I would just get the mirror magnets it's worth the money to avoid further hassles and ease of maintenance ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Magic Mirrors from Lamonster will sort this 'clip breakage' problem permanently, AND make it a whole lot easier & safer to remove your mirrors as & when you like!

https://www.lamonstergarage.com/magic-mirrors/
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!