Spyder Garage

Default It's Official, Brought Home a 21 RT Limited Today!

Hi all, pics to follow! Had a nice hour long ride home from the dealer. Floorboard lights, adjustable handlebar riser, Driver backrest, passenger armrests and comfort seat are on order (I sat on a Sea to Sky and liked the seat better). Bike is awesome and will take some getting used to. It is really different that 2-wheels - but after 2 years and 5 knee surgeries, I am back on a bike, yay!. So, so far, so good! Question - I did connect my phone and the BRP app - and got the GPS working. It's OK. Not great. In fact, on a bright day, the screen isn't that great - I'll work on it to see if I can change any settings. I have a lot to learn. Question - do most of you use the "factory/BRP" app GPS? Or get an aftermarket? Coming from an R1200 GS Adventure - the BMW/Garmin was way better. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
    2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well, someone is very happy,
    Garmin XT works well for me. The weather radar overlay on the map is awesome when traveling thru weather.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

On the new 2021 Spyder RTL!! Make sure and post a photo in the Spyder Garage area of the forum when you get a chance. I have an older RTL with a Garmin 590 so I'll let some of the members with the newer BRP connect tell you what they use. Get ready for a lot of different answers to the map thing. Glad to see your back in the saddle again, Live to Ride, Ride to Live. Nothing like wind therapy!
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

As mentioned above some have figured out how to use brp connect while the vast majority of users hate it. If you’re used to a dedicated system like a garmin you will find this hard to suffice. I use it occasionally but more often just use waze or google maps on my phone which is connected via Bluetooth to the Spyder which can either play the instructions on the speakers or to my helmet.
    2020 Spyder RT base
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

and

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I kept the Garmin 590 from my 15 RTL when I bought a 20 RTL. Using the Can Am mount, it retains the audio in capability, so my Sirius XM radio is wired to the Garmin. The Garmin audio out is plugged into the RT's audio in that's in the front console box. Set the RT's audio system to AUX, and get the GPS directions and music via Bluetooth to my helmet using Cardo Packtalk Bold. Works great! Enjoy, and welcome!
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    I kept the Garmin 590 from my 15 RTL when I bought a 20 RTL. Using the Can Am mount, it retains the audio in capability, so my Sirius XM radio is wired to the Garmin. The Garmin audio out is plugged into the RT's audio in that's in the front console box. Set the RT's audio system to AUX, and get the GPS directions and music via Bluetooth to my helmet using Cardo Packtalk Bold. Works great! Enjoy, and welcome!
    Me too. Kept my Zumo 590 when I traded in our 2015 ST Limited. But, $250 for the OEM handlebar mount is excessive. I used the $50 LaMonster Ram mount, replaced the 1" ball and mounted the 590 using other parts.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Metallic (red)