Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    I am not trying to be negative but like The Fly says, it's not the way to go about finding out what is happening. I do see some in here with NO problems whatsoever which is awesome. Maybe it should be done differently - NO problems/Problems & Rectified/Major Problems
    NO This Tread is for positives. They have a vote tooo!! There is enough negatives going around?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As a non-owner who has been monitoring this forum as one means of deciding whether to take the plunge for a Spyder I must say that this is the most positive thing I have seen so overall since I first visited here. So I would have to say it is serving a purpose.

Has it swung me over the line? Not yet but it will be more positive info like this thread is what will eventually tell me it is time to make a move. Not yet as I do have concerns but I believe the solutions will be found. I understand the tendancy by those who have problems to want to talk about them to get advice or to just vent.

Thanks to all for all the info you have made available to me and others who are sitting on the fence at present.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

---------------
    No Problems!

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mike3069 View Post
    Seems to me that there are a bunch of people (the silent majority?) that are coming out of the background to post here. I think that alone justifies the thread.
    Happy Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    If it helps anyone, my dealer called it an Engine Performance Optimization Bulletin.
    Thanks Rando! That should be a big help for those who need to talk to their dealer about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    I totally agree with you on a positive attitude, however this thread is nice pointing out all of the owners who are happy with their spyder but when it comes down to hard facts (if one were collecting data), it serves no purpose.
    I tried that on another thread. It was deleted, as HDXBONES pointed out that if some people were to get lawyers then there is a possibility these posts could be used against them. Pitmon replied with very good details about the problems with that Spyder, but then deleted the post.

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    While this isn't going to be sighted as a scientific source for any defininte conclusions, I'd say it has already served the intended purpose.

Certainly the negative (My Spyder has a Problem) posts have gotten plenty of unrestricted mileage on this forum. And I'm not saying that is necessarily a bad thing.

But with all these problem posts flying all over the place Spyderwolf thought it a good idea to run up the flag to attract non-problematic Spyder posts. This was not designed to resolve any current issues, necessarily, but to give this subject some balance and perspective.

In other words, are things really as bad as they seem lately, is the sky really falling or isn't it?

I'd say it was a good idea. Of course everyone has a different (or better) idea and they are welcome to start their own thread if they like. I think this one is going fine. I, for one, have appreciated the fresh air!

As always, just my .02 and worth less than you paid for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike3069 View Post
    Seems to me that there are a bunch of people (the silent majority?) that are coming out of the background to post here. I think that alone justifies the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpy Girl View Post
    I think this is a great thread! Folks like me who are busy researching the Spyder get to see all the posts here & it's nice to have something to read that's on a positive note. I own a Harley, and yes they do have issues, just as the Spyder does, but it seems that Lamont is working hard to help out folks with issues where he can. Great thread!!
    Thanks for the understanding and support.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

I totally get it if this thread is about saying we are happy and problem-free -- I just didn't think it was a good way of collecting useable data.

Lamont had the idea awhile ago to add tag lines onto our signatures saying if we were happy Spyder owners or not.

I think the signature line will work better in the long run to boost morale and let noobs know what the deal is.

To me - the signature lines accomplish the same purpose - but on a broader range.
    I was not trying to collect any useable data from this thread, just some positivity to slow down the "Negative Waves" Lamont posted the video about. I attempted to gather meaningful data using another thread for people who are having problems, but that did not go over very well and I ended up deleting it.

The poll idea was suggested early on, and if I had the foresight I would have set it up that way. However, once the horse was out of the gate I did not know how to get it back to make this a poll.

I have seen the signature lines, and agree that is a very good way to let people know as well. In this case I felt it might be good to give people one thread to see that the world of Spyder owners is not all doom and gloom.

Thanks to all of you who have posted on this thread about your positive experiences, and happiness, with your Spyder. As stated before, and again by BajaRon, we are all in this together. I truly feel bad for those who are having problems, and hope they are resolved soon. I must also admit that I believed the problems were more widespread until people started coming out of the woodwork to post on this thread.

Safe and Happy Spyder Ryding to each and every one of you on this forum.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    Your thread was asking people to post VERY specific info about their mods, incidents, and actions afterwards, along with their VIN number!!! Those things could very easily be used against someone to deny warranty or other claims....and tie screen names to specific vehicles for future claims.....I was trying to say that maybe we could discuss the same things, with a little less personal information......

100%
    +1

Spyder Garage

08 sm5, 3000 miles no problems -
    Happy Spyder Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

'09 SE5, about 1800 miles. 1st update done...no problems...yet...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

2009 Red SM5, both updates, never had an issue (other than surging caused by first update, fixed with second). 4998 miles.

Spyder Garage

Oh-- forgot to follow the standard format......

08 sm5 PE, 14,000 miles no unresolved problems

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I love this thread - what a breath of fresh air! A lot of people posting here that I haven't seen before. SO good to hear from all of you!

I love my Spyder, too. It's running better now than ever before and it was never that bad (I'd be in the "problem fixed" category).

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

I guess probably the best way is to just stick to Lamont's sticky on posting stuff. This way if anyone wants to read about problems, they can go there. And then they can stay out of that thread if they want only the good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

I totally get it if this thread is about saying we are happy and problem-free -- I just didn't think it was a good way of collecting useable data.

Lamont had the idea awhile ago to add tag lines onto our signatures saying if we were happy Spyder owners or not.

I think the signature line will work better in the long run to boost morale and let noobs know what the deal is.

To me - the signature lines accomplish the same purpose - but on a broader range.

But just to cover the bases----

I'm a VERY HAPPY 2008 SM5 Premier Edition Spyder owner.

I currently do not have any problems, nor does my Spyder - .

I have had 'issues' with my Spyder - that have been resolved to my satisfaction - some by the dealer - some by me.

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

There's alot of both going around. And I'll stay out of this thread from here on in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    NO This Tread is for positives. They have a vote tooo!! There is enough negatives going around?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    Your thread was asking people to post VERY specific info about their mods, incidents, and actions afterwards, along with their VIN number!!! Those things could very easily be used against someone to deny warranty or other claims....and tie screen names to specific vehicles for future claims.....I was trying to say that maybe we could discuss the same things, with a little less personal information......
    Sorry HDXBONES, I did not fully understand what you had posted on that thread, but got enough of the jist that it was not a good idea. I was unsure about the last 3 of the VIN as I was posting it as well, but since that is what my dealer used to see if my Spyder needed an update I did not think it was a unique identifier. I figured the unique numbers are contained somewhere else within the VIN. Anyway, you made very good points about the possibility of those being used for the wrong purpose, and the thread being deleted was probably the best way to go.

If someone, such as yourself, would like to start some type of a poll that would not be personal I would like to see what kind of results come from it.

Thanks for understanding.

Spyder Garage

08 SE5, 12,000 miles no unresolved problems, and still enjoying the Spyder.

RT-S PE#0031
    Spyder Garage

Yellow '08 SM5 - no problems

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have been an owner since 2/16/2008 of a 2008 premier edition SM5 purchased here at Marina Boat Sales in Lodi, CA. I currently have over 22K miles. Since I have had the Spyder my issues have been minor and include a brief loss of power steering back in December 2008, brake squeal, parking brake not working (tried to have it fixe a couple times), and broken rear fender braces.

Both the hubby and I ride it like we stole it. I have always taken good care of my vehicles including at home maintenance and taking it in at reasonable times for dealer maintenace (valve check at 6k miles and it'll get it for the second time in 2 weeks).

We love our Spyder!

Oh, and we have not recieved either of the DPS updates.
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

2008 SM5 "Premier" #3533 with 11,500 miles.
    No major problems whatsoever. Some sputtering when hot after 1st update; getting next update with my 12,000 mile check-up. Love my Spyder!
    Last edited by flyjake; 11-03-2009 at 01:34 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2009 SE5 with 11,000 miles and no problems.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

2009 SE, 3000 miles in 4 months. No problem after first update.

3WD

Spyder Garage

2009 Red SE 5 Now 3,000 miles....only issue at 600 miles was GPS sensor and mine was one of first bikes diagnosed with the coil interference with canbus which was solved by the ground repositioning. BRP called me directly worked all weekend to diagnose.. Kurt from BRP was the best ..that was back in march april 2009 .. no troubles at all since . Bike runs like a train . Would trust this ride anywhere.

Spyder Garage

2008 Spyder GS, SM5, 1200mi. No problems.
    Absolutely love my bike!
    Happy Former-Spyder owner!
    2008 SM5 PE# 3518 / Intense Blue Pearl (sold 2014)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

1500 miles and happy as a clam at high tide. had the first update in it when i bought it. love it and glad i got it

Spyder Garage

Default No Problems

2008 SM5 - 11,500 Miles and no problems. Have not received the steering update yet...

Spyder Garage

Default Just rollin' on

2009 SE5 with 2180 miles. Bought it used in Sept and put the last 1000m on myself. That electric shift is real easy to get spoiled over. Next I need to find a large piggy bank to crack open so I can start on my long wish list.