Spyder Garage

Default Need Help please on getting mounts for Garmin XT

Folks I am need of some help please. I want to buy the newest Garmin XT for my 2 spyders but have no idea on what mounts I need or where to get them. I called Garmin and they told me to cam BRP. I called my dealer and he has no idea. So I will order the units from Garmin. Here is what I have.

2020 RTLimited Chrome addition

2013 RT with the a zumo 660 on it .

From what I understand the current mount that comes with the Garmin XT are for handle bars and obviously that won't work due to the size of the Spyder handle bars. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks you

Kim Weed / Syracuse NY
    2013 RT Limited
    2013 RT Limited , Black

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Look at the attached post https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...o+garmin+mount and https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...o+garmin+mount there are other post on this subject that might help also if you try using the search box at the top right side of the page. Good luck with your project.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Lamonster Garage sells the Garmin XT and also has a mounting system for it the works for both the 2013 and 2020 RT http://www.lamonstergarage.com/garmi...unt-lamonster/
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

The BRP mount for the F3 for the Garmin 590 will work for the XT. The new wiring harness for the XT will fit on the BRP mount.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the help
    2013 RT Limited
    2013 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Call lamonster I just got one from him yesterday it is a nice mount I got the one that comes with the new handle bar clamp it nice he also sells a adjustable ball mount kit. Great to deal with got in 3 day from when I order and got some candy too

Spyder Garage

I mounted my XT via handle bar u bolt and an extended ball connector. I also mounted my phone under it. Note a added a zip tie cable stickie so I could connect to a string or something around the mount so if it my xt connection was not great and it can off it would not fall on the road. This configuration allows me to see the GPS at Eye level with out lower my off the road. You know no GPS talks to RTL. I use my phone and XT for Phone calls, Music, weather, Traffic and the other day (I don't text on bike at all and vert little at any time) but I got a window pop up with a text and I could have it play the text for me. I love the setup. I use a Samsung s* which allows two BL audio out devices. I don't us that but if a couple was riding together it my be nice.

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg