Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    If BRP had a heart (or a brain instead of a blackmail plan) they would sell the kit with a filter minus their low grade oil then none of this would be relevent.
    Guessing that finding the correct O rings is not quite a simple task. I had researched this a long while back and came up short. The other night when I measured them for you, I checked my typical O ring supplier and had no luck getting them all from them.

All good to save money, and Spyder owners can be some of the most frugal folks out there. Simply though, be sure the risk vs reward makes saving a few dollars worth it. Especially considering how infrequently you probably accomplish an oil change.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Guessing that finding the correct O rings is not quite a simple task. I had researched this a long while back and came up short. The other night when I measured them for you, I checked my typical O ring supplier and had no luck getting them all from them.

All good to save money, and Spyder owners can be some of the most frugal folks out there. Simply though, be sure the risk vs reward makes saving a few dollars worth it. Especially considering how infrequently you probably accomplish an oil change.
    The more I search the more elusive the exact sizes become and some that are close are like $10 each Hard to believe its so complicated to change a few litres of oil. What an evil plan on BRP's behalf.
    I wonder do people who have the dealer do their maintenance ask to see the replaced o rings and seals.I wouldn't mind betting they don't use the official retail pack that us mugs are supposed to cough up for.Most likely the oil comes out of the 200 litre drum in the corner and a new filter if your lucky and thats it.
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic