Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    The Aux tank is vented so the solution I came up with was to connect it to the vent pipe of the main tank (which normally goes to the Canister if you've not already bypassed that (I had:-))

The fuel line exit on my aux tank is in the middle of the tank so I mounted the tank on the std rack lid, drilled a hole the lid and then ran the pipe through there. With the standard rack tail unit there is a little void where I added a quick release coupling:
    Canister still connected on mine & very similar tank /lid configuration on mine as well, unfortunately may have drilled mount brackets too large. Want quick connections , but yet to find proper way to tap into main tank safely. Plan is & have acquired an electric shut off valve & rocker switch for dash {keyed power , in case I forget valve has 8hour limit}. Really would like done just not getting there

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Canister still connected on mine & very similar tank /lid configuration on mine as well, unfortunately may have drilled mount brackets too large. Want quick connections , but yet to find proper way to tap into main tank safely. Plan is & have acquired an electric shut off valve & rocker switch for dash {keyed power , in case I forget valve has 8hour limit}. Really would like done just not getting there
    Venting via the aux tank seems to work well. I have a safety valve and filter on the vent from the aux but it would have been possible to route it all the way back to the canister.

The other thing that wasn't visible in that photo is that I've got is a a second quick release coupling with a filter on it and a pipe that runs out the righthand side to the bottom of the Spyder, I can disconnect the aux tank and then connect this second vent pipe to the pipe from the main tank so it can still vent when the aux tank is disconnected/removed. Originally I was going to do this with a three way tap between the quick release and the main tank but this was easier to install at the time as I had the parts laying around.