Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
I've seen a few posts where folks may have misinterpreted my post about the ToyoProxes T 185/55-15 tires.

was my quote. Now, I don't want you to think these tires upset the nanny because they DON'T! I have yet to have the nanny interrupt my fun with the Kendas or these Toyo tires. They seriously make this bike more stable and much more fun! For example: On State Park Road, there is a 60° left sharp curve and halfway through that turn for some reason there is an off camber dip in the road (off camber meaning the road changes from banking for a left that helps make the turn into an opposite bank that hinders it creating a nightmare). With the Kendas, that change in bank made the road want to pitch me into the right hand ditch. With the Toyos, no problem. They just get a bit louder and navigate the turn just fine faster than I ever could with the Kendas. I barely notice the hazard.

I've experimented with pressures from 18# to 22#. I run 20# right now and have settled on that being the proper pressure. 20 PSI will do it. No slop and no feeling every pebble in the road. Just sweet sweet traction.

Don't hesitate getting these tires.
I hope you realize that you tire PSI goes up 3-5 psi from COLD to HOT .... so if you start out at 20lbs cold 5 to 10 miles down the road it's now at 23 to 25 psi ...... For a Spyders weight an Auto tire doesn't need this much pressure - Period .... " and the truth will set us free " ..... ride safe - ride happy ..... Mike