Thread: seat comparison

Spyder Garage

Default seat comparison

Anyone try the coast to coast seat vs the cannon ball seat.

Is there a huge difference over stock??
    TIA

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post
    Anyone try the coast to coast seat vs the cannon ball seat.Is there a huge difference over stock??
    TIA
    I tried all three, bmc.......very little difference for me.....fortunately, I have a good dealer who has all three in stock and lets you take them out for an hour......maybe an extra 10 minutes of comfort over the 20 minutes that stock provides. I went to Daylong......BUT.... we are all different. I’m bigger than most, which can indeed play a part

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I tried all three, bmc.......very little difference for me.....fortunately, I have a good dealer who has all three in stock and lets you take them out for an hour......maybe an extra 10 minutes of comfort over the 20 minutes that stock provides. I went to Daylong......BUT.... we are all different. I’m bigger than most, which can indeed play a part

Pete
    I would go Russel Day Long. But the need the pan. Weather breaking now for prime riding and don't want to be down

Spyder Garage

I have experience with the Coast to Coast and Cannon Ball seats and their nearly identical. Not worth the price to me, but the "Ultimate" seat definitely takes things up a notch. Pricey, but worth it in the end for your back and bottom. I hear a lot about Russell Day Long seats too across the forum.

Spyder Garage

Seth Laam is good, and even cheaper.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I've had my Seth Laam seat for a few weeks now. It is a great seat on my F3L. Had a Russell on my RTS. There great to. But I like the Laam seat better and less expensive. He does it in a weeks time plus your time shipping there and back. was a total of 3 weeks time for me with shipping.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

On my 19 F3L, I made the change over within 500 miles. Had to choose one or the other, since I did not want to make a special trip to the dealer. Ordered through the BRP site and got free shipping on my purchase.

I chose the Cannon Ball version because I liked the quilted appearance compared to the Coast to Coast.

I find the Cannon Ball an improvement over the OEM seat. At 50 miles I was ready to get off the OEM. To mushy for me. I now do plus 100 and find little to no discomfort. Have not made any longer trips yet...but they are coming.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    On my 19 F3L, I made the change over within 500 miles. Had to choose one or the other, since I did not want to make a special trip to the dealer. Ordered through the BRP site and got free shipping on my purchase.

I chose the Cannon Ball version because I liked the quilted appearance compared to the Coast to Coast.

I find the Cannon Ball an improvement over the OEM seat. At 50 miles I was ready to get off the OEM. To mushy for me. I now do plus 100 and find little to no discomfort. Have not made any longer trips yet...but they are coming.
    I will be waiting for your response. I can get about 100 miles on stock then my sit bones start bothering me. That still is better than i had on my Ultimate on my RS

Spyder Garage

If there is an experienced saddle customizer in your area, that is you best way to go. You and your bike go there and you get your seat tailored to your seat. Not only is it going to be a perfect fit, you get to select what covering you want. I have gone this route for decades. I'll never go any other route again for some not-so-good reasons.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I'm a big fan of the Ultimate seat on my F3T. Had one previously on my Suzuki M109R and had no issues touring. Ultimate seat does seem to sit higher that stock and the Mustang seats.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post
    I would go Russel Day Long. But the need the pan. Weather breaking now for prime riding and don't want to be down
    Yeah.....These days I buy a second hand seat in the US and send that to Daylong, BMc. That’s a lot cheaper than sending mine over from Australia, plus I can keep riding. They don’t have to be in great condition.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red