Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
Being that you would have to tune the ECM for a dry shot and I know of no one doing it, you would need to do wet. Which presents its own probs as there is no "specific" spray plate/nozzle for these critters that I know of! There is stuff for the offroad Can Am products but their displacements are usually smaller, so smaller nozzles/fuel pumps etc. Nitrous is risky business when unable to actually tune for it...
I have the opposite experience----I know only those who use the dry shot from a 2 lb or 5 lb bottle on motorcycles. Injection turn on is usually done manually via a button-switch but can be programmed to come on at a certain RPM & WOT. Most riders just plum the NOS jet into the airbox or use multiple injectors over the intake throttle body. They usually don't modify the ECU fuel parameters for the NOS assist. Many of them do retard the timing 2-3 degrees toward the top rpm which does prevent the heat from melting the valve seat out of the aluminum heads(I've done it twice land speed racing a mile track on abandoned air strips--crossed the 132' timing traps at 193 mph & 196 mph on 3 out of 4 cylinders. Also dry NOS is inexpensive compared to Wet NOS or turbo-superchargers. Other than the drag strip--how often would Spyder riders be at WOT & predetermined RPM with a limited supply of NOS? Darrell