Thread: Nice trip

Spyder Garage

Default Nice trip

We decided to attend the rally in Maggie Valley, but wanted to get away for an open ended trip. Left Chillicothe, Ohio on Oct. 6th and rode to Front Royal, Va. to get on Skyline Drive. Took it and the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way to Cherokee then over the hill to Maggie. Attended the rally and left Maggie on Monday headed for Birmingham, Alabama to spend a day at the Barber Museum. If you are a motorcyclist this is a MUST see. It was a bit cool in Birmingham so we decided we needed some beach time. Two days ride got us to Vilano Beach, Florida near St. Augustine. We spent four days there including a day with tropical storm Nestor. Left Vilano bound for Natchez, Mississippi to ride the Trace. Spent a day in Florala, Alabama since this small town is where our daughter and her family want to relocate to. Very nice little town, but too hot for me in the summer. We got into Natchez just in time to get the weather forecast which was just plain ugly to say the least. We are retired so decided to run and fight another day. We went back east to Maggie where the colors were at their peak, spent some time and then booked it back to Ohio with the rain nipping at our heels. We put 3500 trouble free miles on our RT in 20 days, it didn't use a drop of oil, and I have no clue what we got for fuel mileage. Don't care, just fill it up when it needs it and ride. We turned over 30,000 miles on our not quite three year old Spyder on this trip.

2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Very nice write up. I was angling for just such a trip this year but life got in the way. I'm jealous!
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you guys had an amazing time! Now that you're retired, it's time to really enjoy life and just riiiide! I bet you already have another trip mapped out! LOL - Be safe and enjoy many miles to come!

Spyder Garage

Ok Im jealous.Im planning a run down the Natchez/Trace in the Spring,how was it,or did the weather stop you?
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder01 View Post
    Ok Im jealous.Im planning a run down the Natchez/Trace in the Spring,how was it,or did the weather stop you?
    The weather stopped us. I decided to run and fight another day rather than deal with the heavy rain and wind that was being called for. I have ridden the Trace a few times and enjoyed it. It IS NOT the Blue Ridge Parkway, wrong part of the country for that. It is a nice relaxing ride with a LOT of history. I recommend the spring or fall because in the summer it can get pretty hot and humid. I don't like hot and humid. I'll take a 50 degree ride over a 90 degree ride any day.
    2015 RT , Black