Quote Originally Posted by 3wheelchuckie View Post
Hello,
I own a 012 Spyder RT and experience EXCESSIVE heat coming from the right side cowling outlet.
Obviously it is the heat that is being exhausted from the rad. Unfortunately it routes directly into my right foot.
I'm hoping someone may have suggestions on how this Excessive Heat can be redirected away from my foot.
Thank you
Charles
Charles,

We had the same issue with my wife's 2012 RT Limited and found a solution that works well, in our opinion. Head back to the forum home page and click on the Lamonster Garage icon. Then, on the left side of the home page, select "Spyder RT", then scroll down until you find "heat shields." Lamonster offers what he calls an "RT upper radiator exhaust block-off" that includes an insulated heat shield, for $34. In our experience, it's worth every cent. We installed one and found that it does what it proports to do - dramatically lessen right foot roasting heat.

Please note that, although the installation is very easy, Lamonster indicates the bottom shield must be removed. That isn't as easy as the block-off installation is but it's worth the effort. We ran the RT up on a set of auto ramps to give us some working room, and also modified the portion of the shield that remains by drilling five or six two inch holes to improve air flow. That mod was described on the forum some time ago and we believe it's worthwhile. We can state that the temp gauge has never gone beyond the half way mark even during our spring adventures to Arizona and the Texas Big Bend country where temps reached the 90s with regularity.

Hope this may be of some help to you, Arion