Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
It's been about 3 weeks since I got my ECU back from the Stage 1 flash. The difference is amazing! However, I have always used 89 octane non-ethanol fuel. The bike had a full tank when the ECU came back. There was actually a slight increase in MPG after the flash, especially considering how many times I "tested" the flash! I've always gotten about 40 MPG according to my Acar app records. I then switched to 93 octane premium fuel with 10% ethanol. After two tanks of this fuel, my mpg has dropped to 36. I know that the ethanol causes lower MPG. I think there has only been a slight increase in power using the 93.
My .02 on the entire MPG's thing …. Unless you are driving almost the same roads - under the same weather conditions - driving you Spyder in a VERY similar manner ………...The variances in readings are going to be wider than you might expect ……….. There are a couple of folks here who have kept accurate records over many thousands of miles and even this isn't going to be truly accurate because who drives the same way on the same roads in the same weather ???? - NOBODY ……….. ……….. On Octane type - I've read info from Monster Fuel … they say you can use 91 oct. ( 93 isn't as widely available ) so if you use 89 oct. this is two points which is less than a 2% drop...………. Lots of OPINIONS ( not based on DYNO tests, but on BUTT tests ) where folks claim they can FEEL a drop in performance...OR improvement ….. In my REAL world experience people who have claimed great improvement in acceleration have been surprised when they had their veh's DYNO tested. …… Not " dissing " anyone here just trying to provide some perspective ……………. Mike