Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

This is the Google link to my place but it's off a bit. If you look below the marker you'll see a road with a loop at the end, that's my driveway and where you want to end up.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...h&z=16&iwloc=A
    I just tried moving that marker. Google says that since I moved it more than 200 meters, it will take a while for the change to show. It should show up right at the beginning of your driveway (per Google's recommendation) if/when the change is accepted.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Plan to be there! T-shirt L if not too late.

Can't wait to see the RT.

Spyder Garage

I talked with Butch today and I think he counted a 105 shirt request.
    So I went by the BBQ guys place and ordered for 120 folks. That's 40 lbs of BBQ. I hope it's enough.

Looking forward to seeing you all and the shirt orders is officially cut off so don't ask. A big thanks goes out to Butch and Carrol for doing this.

Oh and I got all the gift certificates from No Magic today too. You guys are going to make out.

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Thx! Just looking frward to meeting you and everyone in person!

Spyder Garage

Sounds good bro.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    So I went by the BBQ guys place and ordered for 120 folks. That's 40 lbs of BBQ. I hope it's enough.
    I had to read this while my stomach was growling - making it even worse. Looking forward to the BBQ.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Woo Hoo!!! I can't wait for the BBQ!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

See you's their

Registered Users
    Belle Center Ohio summer/ DeLand FL. winter
    Spyder Garage

Default will try to make it.

I may trl. to Bristol and ride in from there. I have a lot of kin there.wildwillie

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

I hope I'm not too late to join in the fun and camaraderie at Lamonster's BBQ. I'm a newbie to posting on forums. My '09 SM5 should have 6K+ by the timw I make it there. Looking forward to meeting everybody.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    I hope I'm not too late to join in the fun and camaraderie at Lamonster's BBQ. I'm a newbie to posting on forums. My '09 SM5 should have 6K+ by the timw I make it there. Looking forward to meeting everybody.
    You're more than Welcome to join. Welcome to SpyderLovers.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    Woo Hoo!!! I can't wait for the BBQ!!!
    ditto!

and I hope I can make it with my

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    welcome

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Guess I should be glad we have work.

Well it is official. We just can not get away to come!!! Just had a very big order for winter sand come in early and now there is no way we can come. I am so dissappointed!! Lamont, thanks for the invite. We might not be there in person but you can bet that we will be thinking of all of you. Eat some BBQ for the three of us and enjoy. Hopefully we can make it next year. Retirement is looking good, to bad it will be awhile

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Hey....If I don't ride 2 or 3 wheels.......

Can I still eat some BBQ !!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragbars View Post
    Can I still eat some BBQ !!!!!
    That would be great if you showed up Bro.

Spyder Garage

Dang Spyder is going in the shop tomorrow. I noticed a clunking noise yesterday that I believe is tranny related. When using the engine for braking / slowing, at about 3500 RPMs in any gear, it starts making a loud clunking noise. If I pull in the clutch, the noise immediately goes away. I would have taken my chances (and I still might) and rode to Mosheim and had this looked at later but it's gotten noticeably worse in one day of just back and forth to work riding. I called the service manager and he has a few ideas of what to look at. He says he will have a better idea of what's going on once he rides it, hears the clunking and notices when it appears to happen.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Dang Spyder is going in the shop tomorrow. I noticed a clunking noise yesterday that I believe is tranny related. When using the engine for braking / slowing, at about 3500 RPMs in any gear, it starts making a loud clunking noise. If I pull in the clutch, the noise immediately goes away. I would have taken my chances (and I still might) and rode to Mosheim and had this looked at later but it's gotten noticeably worse in one day of just back and forth to work riding. I called the service manager and he has a few ideas of what to look at. He says he will have a better idea of what's going on once he rides it, hears the clunking and notices when it appears to happen.
    Let's keep our fingers crossed Brian. I hope it is nothing serious i.e., that requires parts to be ordered in. Of course, with the trailer, you and Deb could probably do the ride down to Tennessee two-up on her Spyder if need be.

Bruce

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    I hate to say it but that is what mine was doing the guts are all out of my spyder right now..........transmission bearing...........
    you could take the spline shaft going into the tranny and wiggle it....you could also feel it when trying to spin this shaft. My service techs are replacing all 3 bearings in there....just waiting on the gasket to put everything back together. Everything else inside looks absolutely wonderfull!! The gears in the tranny look just like new. Cylinders look great!
    Last edited by The_Spyderwoman; 09-10-2009 at 09:02 PM. Reason: adding info

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Terribull View Post
    I hate to say it but that is what mine was doing the guts are all out of my spyder right now..........transmission bearing...........
    you could take the spline shaft going into the tranny and wiggle it....you could also feel it when trying to spin this shaft. My service techs are replacing all 3 bearings in there....just waiting on the gasket to put everything back together. Everything else inside looks absolutely wonderfull!! The gears in the tranny look just like new. Cylinders look great!
    That is very encouraging Terri. Does that mean you will be spydering to Tenn.?
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I don't want to celebrate too soon ....

but it looks like I will be spydering!

When I get back in the saddle, then I will send out a joyous post!

Thanks Deb, hope all goes well with Brian's .

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Question

I'm here to admit my ignorance. Where can I get a schedule of the events. I assumed I would get a packet or something when I registered. This is our first event ever, and I don't know where to start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The annual ‘Spyders in the Smokies’ event that will be held in Gatlinburg, TN; September 21 – 25, 2009. The on-line flyer is at: http://www.spydertalk.com/forums/index.php? Check out the Spyders in the Smokies forum.
    There is a meet-n-greet planned for Monday evening, (9/21) an optional dinner planned for Wednesday (9/23) evening and the Bar-B-Q and banquet on Friday afternoon (9/25). Tuesday and Thursday evenings will be free nights. They will also have guided rides planned for Tues, Wed and Thurs. They will have on-line registration this year to sign-up for the Bar-B-Q and rides. They also will be providing maps of alternative routes for folks that want to tour the Smokies on their own. The registration form for this event is at: http://spydertalk.com/RegistrationForm.php
    Lamont is having a BBQ at his house on Thurs. there is a thread to let him know if you can make it and also let him know what size t-shirt you wear!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Director View Post
    Let's keep our fingers crossed Brian. I hope it is nothing serious i.e., that requires parts to be ordered in. Of course, with the trailer, you and Deb could probably do the ride down to Tennessee two-up on her Spyder if need be.

Bruce
    Quote Originally Posted by Terribull View Post

No joy on my Spyder. The long bolt that holds the front sprocket (?) onto the spline shaft is sheared off. I trailered it to the dealership and the service guys could not even give a rough guess as to when I'll be up and running again. They do know that I really, really want the Spyder ready by Sept. 22. Being they don't know how or why it happened, I hope they tear into it just a bit to see if anything else is damaged. The service manager also noted a small oil leak at the back of the engine and he says they'll look into that too. Must have just happened as I noticed a few oil drips this morning on my garage floor.

Spyder Garage

Lamont, If its not too late, the wife and I would like to attend your BBQ.
    Just made all my motel reservations.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888