Spyder Garage

Default Rear fender damage RSS

Somehow....someone managed to either back over or drive into my fender at work [hoping cams in parking lot will show something]...Any way just wanted to see if anyone had suggestions of possibly repairing the damage by buffing it out or sanding and polishing....if it's possible.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

IMO, it depends on what you want it to look like when the buffing/polishing is done. A good body shop might be your best shot and, if they don't think it will look very professional, have it repainted.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Bummer.....

Depends on the depth of the damage. It looks like a flat finish making it a bit harder to just buff out. Being as the fender is a small piece and easy to remove I would order the stickers and repaint the whole fender. Or a big sticker of your chosing will cover it.....congrats you can get the OEM stickers at cheapcycleparts.com
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    IMO, it depends on what you want it to look like when the buffing/polishing is done. A good body shop might be your best shot and, if they don't think it will look very professional, have it repainted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Depends on the depth of the damage. It looks like a flat finish making it a bit harder to just buff out. Being as the fender is a small piece and easy to remove I would order the stickers and repaint the whole fender. Or a big sticker of your chosing will cover it.....congrats you can get the OEM stickers at cheapcycleparts.com
    Thanks...If I were to sand out and paint...how would you recommend best procedure in sanding..?and recommendations on paint?
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

I cannot see the depth of the scratch, but it appears to be into the base material.
    I would have a body shop look at it. If the prep work isn't done properly you will see it.

The reason I say this is my older brother has been operating a body shop for over 50 years and I have seen a lot of repair work.

Rod

Spyder Garage

I don't know the price of a new fender or the price to have this one professionally repaired. But I'll bet those costs are almost equal. Whatever you do, don't do the prep work yourself and then take it to a body shop for painting. If it doesn't come out right, guess whose fault it will be, according to the body shop.....Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Part #705004660 is the fender for a 2014 RS-S listed at $164.99 on both BRP and Cheap Cycle Parts web sites in black flat finish. Might cost at least that much to have a good body shop do a prep and repaint. Just a WAG.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Thank you everyone for responses!...also Thanks to jaybros for getting a part# and price...
    I really do hope security can find something on the camera in parking lot...there is a camera right close to where I parked so im really hoping something shows up...hopefully will know Monday.
    I will try try my hand at sanding it out and painting it....also like "Chupaca" recommendation on a big sticker...
    Thanks again everyone!

Spyder Garage

Or just get one of those big Band Aids to put over it. I put bullet holes decals on a tank dent and got lots of high fives for my inventiveness.