Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I stand by my original " 2 Ohm's speakers draw .... LESS .... than 4 Ohm speakers. ....
    Of course you do.

Because you are stubborn and aren't capable of listening and learning anything when your mind is already made up.
    In this case, you have it exactly backwards.
    Apparently this discussion is way, WAY above your "pay grade".

The simple fact IS that a lower impedance speaker almost always needs to be fed more power to make the same level of audio output.
    If your amp is not capable of supplying that extra power, the sound quality will suffer and possible amp damage can result.

Maybe a Google search for "ohms" will help but I seriously doubt it.
    A second search for "speaker impedance" might help too.

Feeding this troll further is a waste of time.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default OHM's - Impedance etc

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Of course you do.

Because you are stubborn and aren't capable of listening and learning anything when your mind is already made up.
    In this case, you have it exactly backwards.
    Apparently this discussion is way, WAY above your "pay grade".

The simple fact IS that a lower impedance speaker almost always needs to be fed more power to make the same level of audio output.
    If your amp is not capable of supplying that extra power, the sound quality will suffer and possible amp damage can result.

Maybe a Google search for "ohms" will help but I seriously doubt it.
    A second search for "speaker impedance" might help too.

Feeding this troll further is a waste of time.
    OK , OK , OK, You and Rattlebars are right and I'm wrong, I'm man enough to admit defeat ..... So first thing tomorrow I'm going to tear those CRAPPY - DANGEROUS 2 Ohm speakers off My RT and send them back to JBL and DEMAND they return my money ..... JBL has a lot of nerve selling those pieces of JUNK to an un-suspecting public ...... would it be OK if I sent them your info so you could explain to their Engineers just how STUPID they are !!!!! ...... and I'm also considering a LAWSUIT so I would really appreciate your EXPERT TESTIMONY on this ....... They may ask you about Ohm's etc. so be prepared .......... PS this TROLL is no longer interested in this topic, you have convinced me of the error of my mental in-eptitude ....... Thanks again for ALL the help on this subject .....after all what would Spyderlovers be without really, really smart folks like you ......Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 07-29-2018 at 09:53 PM.

Spyder Garage

We really need a dedicated 2018 thread, as it's definitely different.

I now tried the GTO429 in front with and without tweeter, and was an absolute demerit, and before I get the pairing front and back bit... tried these at full fade.

I=current