Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The 2009-2 bulletin has to be done EXACTLY per the update and in the EXACT order. One false move and the unit WILL run like CRAP, it goes into limp home mode. If your unit is showing a DPS code when picked up the update wasn't done correctly. There is a last step that gets overlooked it's reseting the DPS torque sensor. That will make the Spyder scroll the DPS code.

If your Spyder runs bad after picking it up have the shop do it ALL over again. The update is worth it when done right.

Registered Users
    God's Country, Keystone Heights, FL "Happy Owner"
    Spyder Garage

Default It sure corrected my 08 SM5 steering...

problem. My "banana SM5" had a terrible darting problem before the update. Since the update the steering is perfect but the engine is spitting and a sputtering some. My SO's "red pepper SE5" was working perfectly both steering and engine performance before the update. Since the update it is even better according to my SO. My "black widow SM5" has not had the update yet. I plan to schedule it for next week in hopes it will run and steer a little better.

And yes... my garage has turned into a spyders nest if you also count the fiddle backs that are constantly taking up residence there. Thank goodness the shiny black racer keeps the pigmy rattlers and spyders under control around here.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have confirmed that the BRP webcast with dealers is set for today, Aug 25, at 1pm Central Time, should last 30-60 minutes. The topic is the steering recall situation. I plan to call my dealer at the end of the day and find out where BRP is with this. I have stopped ryding my Spyder until its resolved.

Neither of the two local dealers I use knew about this webcast until I told them and they looked it up on their internal system to confirm it. If your Spyder has post-recall issues, you may want to alert you dealer to this call.
    Last edited by GaryTheBadger; 08-25-2009 at 09:34 AM.
    2015 F3 SE6 , White - The fastest color!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GaryTheBadger View Post
    I have confirmed that the BRP webcast with dealers is set for today, Aug 25, at 1pm Central Time, should last 30-60 minutes. The topic is the steering recall situation. I plan to call my dealer at the end of the day and find out where BRP is with this. I have stopped ryding my Spyder until its resolved.
    I just called my dealer (Ask Powersports in Grove City, Ohio) and the service manager had no idea there was a webcast today. I also mentioned the performance issues from the update and he says he only aware of two "out of I don't know how many."

I'm going to wait another few weeks.

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan
    The user formerly known as GIJoe

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe View Post
    I just called my dealer (Ask Powersports in Grove City, Ohio) and the service manager had no idea there was a webcast today. I also mentioned the performance issues from the update and he says he only aware of two "out of I don't know how many."

I'm going to wait another few weeks.
    My dad bought his at Ask Superstore in Columbus and had the update done without any problems. I believe he said they had done around 20 without any issues. Mike in the service dept. is very knowledgeable about the spyder and I have talked to him a couple of times.

By the way, they were just voted by BRP #1 Spyder dealer in U.S.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile View Post
    I was told the same thing by another dealer . Does anyone know what time? I need to make sure my local dealer watches it
    I was at my dealer today and heard the same thing.
    Hopefully, since my bike is there, they will get it right...I know, wishfull thinking

Spyder Garage

My dad bought his at Ask Superstore in Columbus and had the update done without any problems. I believe he said they had done around 20 without any issues. Mike in the service dept. is very knowledgeable about the spyder and I have talked to him a couple of times.

By the way, they were just voted by BRP #1 Spyder dealer in U.S.
    That's good to hear. I'll take it to the Columbus location even though Grove City is closer to me. I had so many problems with Sales that I asked if they would take the Spyder back the day after I bought it.

ETA: I ran into your dad at the Columbus location this afternoon.
    Last edited by ArmyJoe; 08-26-2009 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Updated information

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe View Post
    That's good to hear. I'll take it to the Columbus location even though Grove City is closer to me. I had so many problems with Sales that I asked if they would take the Spyder back the day after I bought it.

ETA: I ran into your dad at the Columbus location this afternoon.
    That's funny. What are the chances. He was picking up a lower A arm cover to replace the one that broke when a racoon ran out in front of him. He did notice that they changed the upper A arm covers on the latest 09s. They added an air scoop like the lowers have. I may have to invest in a new set. Can always use more air here in Texas.

Spyder Garage

He did notice that they changed the upper A arm covers on the latest 09s. They added an air scoop like the lowers have. I may have to invest in a new set. Can always use more air here in Texas.
    He pointed that out to me too, but we came to the conclusion that's only because that model had additional lights in the body. Since the lights plug holes normally used for airflow, the deflectors on the arms were added to compensate.

Certified Huligan

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Went by my dealer today. They replaced the DPS on Tuesday because of the occasional check engine light and scrolling "CHECK DPS" per Brp. It didn't work. So now they think it is a software glitch. It worked fine before download and aren't sure what to do next.

The dealer shows the new download for the surging, which I have also had since the download, on their computer but they have not been given the access codes yet. So maybe a fix is on the way soon for part of the problem.

Its been 23 days since download and basically without spyder. I'm getting anxious to ride since I use it for commuting and pleasure.