Spyder Garage

Default Triad bars or risers?

I have a 2013 Rt is it really worth the $400. difference and the hassle of installing the triax bars over the risers?

Spyder Garage

A Search of the forum found many many happy folks with the Tri Axis Bars
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...bars-Installed

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...013-RT-limited

But yes they're a bit more complicated to install, and do you have the GPS mount on your 2013? Then you have to get a different GPS mount for the bars.

Which Risers are you referring to?
    Last edited by DGoebel; 04-27-2018 at 11:21 AM.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Papaw View Post
    I have a 2013 Rt is it really worth the $400. difference and the hassle of installing the triax bars over the risers?
    It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish.
    Just trying to get a little more comfort. I've had both shoulders operated on and I feel if I could get the bar back a little more it would help.I'm hoping to find some one that as modified theirs so I could fill the difference. Thank

Spyder Garage

If you are going to install risers, make sure they are three or four inches high. The one and a half BRP's don't do anything.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

here is how I did it. I use to have 5 inch risers but got rid of them. waiting on my 3 inch risers to show up. you may or may not have to extend your wires. and if you have a standard shift trans you will prolly have to install a longer hydraulic line, I did. the stub bars are 4" x 7/8" diameter. $100 and a little time is all. and with these risers you can pull them back a good ways as long as the wiring will allow it. i'm in Morgantown so when I get this contraption put back together i'll run down and you can see what I did.IMG_6714.JPGs-l1600.jpg
    Last edited by quasi; 04-27-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    here is how I did it. I use to have 5 inch risers but got rid of them. waiting on my 3 inch risers to show up. you may or may not have to extend your wires. and if you have a standard shift trans you will prolly have to install a longer hydraulic line, I did. the stub bars are 4" x 7/8" diameter. $100 and a little time is all. and with these risers you can pull them back a good ways as long as the wiring will allow it. i'm in Morgantown so when I get this contraption put back together i'll run down and you can see what I did.IMG_6714.JPGs-l1600.jpg
    That would be great.Their's not many of us around. I see you were a sailor, my son will be retiring when he gets back from Rota Spain. Looking forward to meeting another Spyder rider. Thanks