Quote Originally Posted by lil45man View Post
Well I told everyone what happened to my spyder after only having it for 2 weeks my oil light kept on coming on. I towed it to the dealer i brought it from(crazy freddy's) PLEASE DO BUY ANYTHING THERE. But after calling and writing letters and filing complaint I got BRP to send me a new motor being that they couldn't diagnose my problem and the bike was only 2 weeks old. So I feel a little better about the situation even though it shouldn't of occured to begin with but ish happens. I will post a copy of the letter I wrote if anybody has a problem you may be able to use my letter to BRP as a reference. Thanks for letting me vent.

August 13, 2009

BRP Products
75 JA-Bon
SherBrooke, Quebec J-IL1W3

Attn: Peggy Carrier

With regard to 2009 Can-Am Spyder VIN# Stock number #. I would like to make an official complaint that there is a manufactures defect in this product.

I purchased my Can-Am Spyder on July 20th 2009 from Crazy Freddy’s South Shore Motorsports, LLC. On August 7th, 2009 it was towed to the dealership. On Aug 10th, 2009, I was told that it is an internal problem that the motor has to be opened they asked for my permission to open the engine and they didn’t know if this was going to be a warranted part. It was at this moment where I had to question the integrity of a company who I thought I would have a long term relationship. Although this is my first BRP Product based on how my claim is being handled it may have to be my last.

It is now August 13, 2009, and the mechanics at one of your preferred dealers South Shore Motorsports, LLC still has no answers as to what is wrong with my Spyder Roadster or can tell me if it’s even fixable. This I feel is unacceptable. I feel this is not what I paid $20,000 for.

When an engine is put together on a manufactures level that is one thing, but it’s completely another for you to want me to continue on with a BRP Product that is obviously being rebuilt on a dealership level which I feel may add to future problems that I am looking to avoid. This is not the level of service I expect from a company of this magnitude. This is obviously an internal engine issue and I expect this to be at no cost to me.

With this being said I do look for a prompt response in regard to making the substitution of collateral on another 2009 Can-Am Spyder.

Thank you,

Shaun Evans

Cc: Max Mossi, GM Crazy Freddy’s South Shore Motor Sports, LLC
Jeff Sicoli, Service Manager Crazy Freddy’s South Shore Motor Sports, LLC

P.S. It is my understanding from my conversation with Jenn, Customer Service Rep at BRP that the dealership has not called or opened a claim with corporate thus far. There is no record of South Shore Motor Sports calling with the above referenced vin #.
Considering your short term of ownership I would have expected nothing less than a new motor, and maybe a loaner as you wait for this to play out...