Spyder Garage

Default a bee in the jacket

on the way back home from one of our lakes with my son (13) i felt something in my arm - it was a great show when i stopped at the next bus-station near the street - pushed my brp-jacket on the floor and also my shirt - still my helmet on --- too late..
    now i have a billowed red arm .. and the discussion what helps
    sugar - onion ..things like that .. any ideas ??
    on the other side this should not happen to a profi-spyder-rider
    chris

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    on the way back home from one of our lakes with my son (13) i felt something in my arm - it was a great show when i stopped at the next bus-station near the street - pushed my brp-jacket on the floor and also my shirt - still my helmet on --- too late..
    chris
    I hate bees. Actually I hate any bugs that fly. Take come benedryl w/ cold compresses on your arm - hope you feel better!

Spyder Garage

Underarm deodorant or anitperspirant with aluminum as an ingredient works well too.

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    chris
    Mark

Mark "Spyderman" Adams
    ------------------------------

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Buy some Red Man chewing tobacco, insert into mouth, then rub a little of the tobacco spit onto the sting. I know it sounds crazy but it works. Not only will it help the sting but youll get a great chew aslo.

Spyder Garage

Can't help much with the remedy. But you'll probably get plenty of suggestions here.

Rode into a swarm of bees at speed (no gloves) on my 750 Honda many years ago. Didn't see them until it was too late. Got 6 or 7 stings on my right hand all around the fingers and knuckles.

I was riding back to San Diego from a trip to Kansas. Riding all the next day home was not good. My right hand and wrist looked like it had Elephantitis, itched like crazy (vibration REALLY helped) and felt like it was on fire.

I just rode so fast I was too scared to care!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

RT-S PE#0174
    Spyder Garage

Am I going to get it. Give you all something to laugh about.
    What's my name......

I hate BEE'S, I am allergic to them.

Get a Bee kit..

Doesn't do me any good, Hospital and a shot!!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I rode through a swarm in I5 just north of San Diego. Made myself real small behind the windscreen and then pulled over and started shedding my clothes on the shoulder. A car pulled over behind me and a guy came running up. Are you OK, Yes I said just looking for hitchhikers. Shock out several bees then looked over the bike. The windshield was coated in dead bees. I did not get even one sting. The guy who stopped was a doctor who said he saw me go through his car was coated also. Nice of him to stop.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I haven't had a problem ryding with bees....BUT...I washed my yellow Spyder last week and was amazed that it attracted LOTS of bees! Luckily I'm not allergic to them, but it was annoying. My neighbor got lots of laughs and had great fun teasing my about me being "Bumble Bee"!...I keep telling him that she lives in MO!...but he won't let me off the hook on that one!

He's also my insurance agent...maybe I should ask if I have "bee" insurance!...even though she lives in Missouri and I'm in Michigan!

ugh...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

The membrane that is next to the shell in a egg

RT-S PE#0174
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    I haven't had a problem ryding with bees....BUT...I washed my yellow Spyder last week and was amazed that it attracted LOTS of bees! Luckily I'm not allergic to them, but it was annoying. My neighbor got lots of laughs and had great fun teasing my about me being "Bumble Bee"!...I keep telling him that she lives in MO!...but he won't let me off the hook on that one!

He's also my insurance agent...maybe I should ask if I have "bee" insurance!...even though she lives in Missouri and I'm in Michigan!

ugh...
    I knew you were going to do this, I had a feeling when you see this, something was coming. You are Some Funny Guy. Hoping Lamonster will have another BBQ next year, I will be there, already marked my calendar, you are on the top of my list to meet!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Any type of tobacco chew or smoking. wet it and place over the sting site.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Got a yellow jacket up the pantleg once, while cruising with my feet stretched out on the tour pegs. I got stung 5 times (moving up the leg) before I could get to the side of the road and moon the tourists (to get the hornet out.... hurt like H#$## for several days!!!

Spyder Garage

The worst thing however ..Adolf' s Meat Tenderizer helps .. sprinkle right on sting area..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    I hate bees. Actually I hate any bugs that fly. Take come benedryl w/ cold compresses on your arm - hope you feel better!
    I hate anything that can fly and sting. I kill them. I will go out of my way to KILL THEM. I buy the 12 foot spray cans by the dozen and KILL THEM --- KILL THEM ALL.

Did I mention I kill them?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Got a yellow jacket up the pantleg once, while cruising with my feet stretched out on the tour pegs. I got stung 5 times (moving up the leg) before I could get to the side of the road and moon the tourists (to get the hornet out.... hurt like H#$## for several days!!!
    OK, I can one up that.

I rode thru a swarm of bees and I ducked down low. I thought everything was fine until I felt a warm sensation in the crotch region and that quickly turned into a burning pain in family jewels. I then realized one got stuck between my crotch and the seat.

I pulled over and quickly mooned on coming traffic trying to get the stinger out.

So at least stand up on the pegs for a few seconds after going thru a swarm.
    Premeir Edition #59

SoCal

Spyder Garage

You Californians keeps on riding thru mad Africanized swarms .... what's the deal? I carry Sting Eze along with other esentials on the Spyder.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Not bees but beware of snakes. I was in the hills enjoying the twisties outside San Diego in the north county. Came around a curve and there was a large rattlesnake in the road. Could not maneuver since I was committed to the turn. Ran over the middle. A short way down the road the guy behind me started honking and flashing his lights. (yes children we had an on off switch on the lights back then) I pulled over and he said he thought he saw the snake strike me as I ran over it. We looked and there was a snake fang in my jeans. Got it out with a pair of pliers. I had high top boots just short of my knees and there was a long scratch in the boot leather. It was a long time before I put on a pair of ankle high boots.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

"Snakes on a Spyder"! Sounds like a good movie title...do you think we could get Samuel L. Jackson to star?!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Actually it was "Snakes on a Harley" but I think that one has been done

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If there is any mud around( yes I said mud as in dirt and water) this works awesome and draws the poison out quickly if put on right after the sting.