Spyder Garage

Default 12v + Dual USB and RT Dash Mount

I was wondering if anyone has added the 12v Dual USB dash power to the JT's Spyder Store dash mount. I have one on order and am waiting for it to arrive. I plan on running it to the battery since it has an on/off toggle switch. I am very leery about pulling the panels off of my Spyder because I'm afraid I may break something. I have another USB port I would like to put in the blank spot where the rocker switches are but again, I am too afraid to take the Spyder apart. Any words of encouragement or how-tos would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://spyderstore.com/index.php?rou...&product_id=68

Spyder Garage

In the beginning, I felt the same way, but if you watch the youtube videos on removing the panels it gets easier each time. Just lay out the panels in the order you remove them and put the screws with each panel and note where the longer or shorter ones came from. I just did the same additions to mine, the dash mount, 12v & usb. Also, I added the FZ-1 fusebox, so I can add other circuits with only one set of wires running to the battery.

Dash Mount.jpg
    Last edited by george123; 10-26-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=george123;1312306]In the beginning, I felt the same way, but if you watch the youtube videos on removing the panels it gets easier each time. Just lay out the panels in the order you remove them and put the screws with each panel and note where the longer or shorter ones came from. I just did the same additions to mine, the dash mount, 12v & usb. Also, I added the FZ-1 fusebox, so I can add other circuits with only one set of wires running to the battery.

Dash Mount.jpg

Looks exactly how I want it to. I guess I will bite the bullet and do it one day. How did you run the wire without it showing? Are they run under a panel? Thanks for the reply.

Spyder Garage

I had TricLed add the 12V. with two USB connections to my Spyder at Red Rock and they work great. Took a lot of Concern about my ability to do it right away. Thanks TricLed.

Spyder Garage

I ran the wire down the right windshield arm, zip tied, so it doesn’t interfere with any moving parts. I put the fuse box behind the panel that’s directly below the right mirror, and ran the wires from there down to the battery in the front trunk. You just have to use a stiff piece of wire or something to fish down to the battery and pull the wires through. Just takes several tries to find the right route that you can pull the wires down through. Here’s a link to the FZ 1 fuse box.

http://www.cyclenutz.com/Fuzeblock-F...FZ-1_p_92.html

You can add up to six circuits, and they can either be switched or unswitched by just moving the fuse over in the fuse box .

Spyder Garage

I installed the setup and it was easy. I pulled the wires from the dash directly to the battery. Easy peasy.

Spyder Garage

Default USB Power

Replaced my gague with a USB power. A very clean look. Also it can be use to charge a Iphone while riding.

Great items, very good quality.

http://spyderstore.com/index.php?rou...&product_id=51
    http://spyderstore.com/index.php?rou...&product_id=62
    http://spyderstore.com/index.php?rou...&product_id=80
    Thank You
    Mark Light

Live Long and Ride Hard

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default It's installed

Ok so I didn't get to take pictures. Totally forgot due to being flustered for having to replace my drains in my kitchen sink so by the time I got to installing the 12v device I wasn't in the mood to grab my phone. But I can write up a quick how to:

1) Took the Dash mount off of the Spyder.
    2) Used a RAM ball mount and secured the 12v Dual USB power supply to the center hole on the mount
    3) Placed two 18-inch large white zip ties together and fed them through the space where the windshield arm is and down to the hole by the Frunk securing device
    4) Taped the wire ends of the 12v to the zip ties
    5) Sloooooowwwwly pulled the zip ties and wire through the Spyder until the wires came through
    6) Unzipped the Frunk liner
    7) Resecured the dash mount to the dash and pulled the excess wire through to the Frunk
    8) Removed battery cover
    9) Ran the wire through to the battery and installed the black to black and red to red
    10) Replaced battery cover
    11) Rezipped Frunk Liner
    12) Turned on the Spyder
    13) Flipped the switch to the 12v Dual USB adapter
    14) BOOM POWER!!!!

Took about 10 minutes. What I learned was not to use a clothes hanger. That thing didn't bend like I wanted it to and the zip ties slid perfectly. I'm pleased with the install and this is way better than the extended aux power cable I had stretched from the rear cargo area under the seat to the front. Well worth the time and money. I just love Farkels.