Hybrid View

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PRICING

Quote Originally Posted by AraņaRider View Post
    final price would be 27,936, That seems a little high. Am I crazy? is this a good deal? Its the limited version.spyder quote .jpg
    Dear Lady (?) ( no gender in Bio ) IMHO finding a good/great Service Dept ( which has nothing to do with the who the dealer is )...is a total Crap shoot. annnnnd it's been said here, many many times the selling Dealer will give you a better place in line for service/ maintenance work --- HOOEY .... that's not been reported here with any consistency.... There are some dealers, that EXPECT You to pay for their children's College education ..... AND your above price is for a LEFT-OVER, you drive it off His/Her property and it just lost 20 to 25% of what you just paid ...... If you use ten dollar bills to instead of charcoal for your then none of the above matters ..... good luck and ride safe .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 10-22-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Spyder Garage

Do you think I should stop printing what I think is "helpful" information on these posts? (#7 above) I note that I get no likes/thank you's every time I post the information. I know dealers don't like it...to many secrets to profit given up. Those that bought first and then ask usually feel burned also. Should I quit the helpful advice???

Many deals are going to be composed of "combinations" of the above. Not all will or should happen. There is a big dollar gap to play with. Just want everyone to get their fair share--including the dealer--who needs a fair profit margin to stay in business and be able to give good service also.

Due diligence with a particular "out the door" price that is fair to both parties is the goal. My suggested items are "ways" to achieve that goal. I bought the last two cars and two motorcycles cash, no trade. Others were with some kind of trade. Lots of variables for those who like to "play" the game.

Just trying to be the Consumer Advocate...per my title. ??????
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-23-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

the sales invoice is for a 2017.
    Is that a leftover now? In early October of the model year?
    Most dealers don't have any 2018 yet.
    No trade in shown on invoice, so helpful info on trading is not relevant. Neither is info on accessories as none are shown. Ditto for financing as we do not know the rate he was given and ditto for extended warranty as none is shown.
    I think we scared him away.
    Again, too bad. He would enjoy an F3.
    Probably got a Tri Glide instead

Spyder Garage

ofdave sounds like a dealer interest rate? accessories? trade? not important. I Just wanted to know if the above price was fair. I realize now that it is not a good deal for a left over.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AraņaRider View Post
    ofdave sounds like a dealer interest rate? accessories? trade? not important. I Just wanted to know if the above price was fair. I realize now that it is not a good deal for a left over.
    I am far from a dealer.
    Not sure you understand what I said in my last post. I pretty much said the same thing you did. I was pointing out that those questions raised in a different post have no bearing at all on the question you asked. Valid points but irrelevant to your post.
    In as much as a new 2017 in 2017 is considered a "leftover" by you, you should wait for the 2018s, which will likely not be discounted the near 14% you got on the 2017.
    And remember there will be sales tax on each and every vehicle you buy/register in Florida so that number will be added to the sales price. Getting the best final sales price is what one wants. Getting hung up on the number being higher because of the sales tax is a waste of time-it can't be avoided.
    The deal you were offered was not bad. I believe there is likely room to shave the dealer fee or the set up fee (or both) if you can live with a leftover.
    Or you can wait a few months and hope the discounts grow for the 2017s, they probably will.
    All you need to do is look the guy in the eye and tell him what you'd pay. He'll either say yes or no.
    If yes, you ride. If no, you keep shopping. Why some are fearful of that procedure, I'll never understand.
    Hope you find one, it's getting to be our best riding season here in Fl.
    Last edited by ofdave; 10-22-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Spyder Garage

Go to iMotorsports website, they are a site sponsor here. They got that price beat by thousands and have free shipping.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Dear Lady (?) ( no gender in Bio ) IMHO finding a good/great Service Dept ( which has nothing to do with the who the dealer is )...is a total Crap shoot. annnnnd it's been said here, many many times the selling Dealer will give you a better place in line for service/ maintenance work --- HOOEY .... that's not been reported here with any consistency.... There are some dealers, that EXPECT You to pay for their children's College education ..... AND your above price is for a LEFT-OVER, you drive it off His/Her property and it just lost 20 to 25% of what you just paid ...... If you use ten dollar bills to instead of charcoal for your then none of the above matters ..... good luck and ride safe .... Mike

I hear ya. I am terrible negotiator so I don't wanna get ripped off. I don't know how to haggle. so whats fair price OTD for a 2017 limited?