Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Zumo mount alternative

Thought I'd post a few pics of my Zumo mount. To be honest, I have just got a new camera and thought I'd have a go at posting some photos. Anyway, I was going to mount my Zumo front and center. Once I got it home and stated checking out all the possibilities I changed my mind. Here is the end result. It's in a good position to look at while riding. Its easy to get to with my right or left hand. It was very easy to mount, requiring just three of the mounting screws supplied. I wired it into the aux power outlet but I'm not really happy with the off delay. Might change it over to the running light circuit as it would then power down straight away when I turn off the key. Well here goes, hope you can actually see some pics.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Nice I like i!

RT-S PE#0174
    Spyder Garage

I like it very much, good position choice

Spyder Garage

Looks good . Going to bite the bullet on this and get one. Can't get the Nuvi to talk with my Scala rider head set.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Our Garmin Nuvi 660 won't talk to our Cardo Scala Q2 either...the four-digit passcodes are not the same and can't be changed. Its a known problem.
    2015 F3 SE6 , White - The fastest color!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks great.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GaryTheBadger View Post
    Our Garmin Nuvi 660 won't talk to our Cardo Scala Q2 either...the four-digit passcodes are not the same and can't be changed. Its a known problem.
    Gary,
    Do you know if the Zumo 660 has the same problem?
    Roho

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Looks great.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RoHo View Post
    Gary,
    Do you know if the Zumo 660 has the same problem?
    Roho

I don't believe any nuvi is A2DP (I think that is the term). Although your nuvi may be bluetooth and will work will cell phones, the nuvi cannot transmit the gps voice to the scala.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Zumo has a two channel Bluetooth system for this reason, so it can use one channel for the phone and the other for GPS directions. This may be the difference between the Zumo and the Nuvi. I am just a learner on this GPS stuff though so you might be better of starting a new thread with this question

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I don't believe any nuvi is A2DP (I think that is the term). Although your nuvi may be bluetooth and will work will cell phones, the nuvi cannot transmit the gps voice to the scala.
    I think the nuvi 765T has the A2DP (stereo) capability. I've been looking hard at one of those. Haven't heard of any problems with bluetooth linking to scala or any others.
    Dick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    I think the nuvi 765T has the A2DP (stereo) capability. I've been looking hard at one of those. Haven't heard of any problems with bluetooth linking to scala or any others.
    Dick
    You're right; it is A2DP, but in this case you may want to check to see if the voice prompts can be sent through the scala. I read about it and it can be used for hands free calling with a headset. But, just because it is bluetooth does not mean it'll do anything more than allow handsfree calling with the scala.

I'm by no means an expert; but, if your intent is to hear directions passed from the gps to the scala, you may want to call Garmin.