Thread: F3 Top Case

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Top Case

Just added the top case added to my 2016 F3 Ltd however, the nanny flashes an open rear case warning off and on. Any suggestions to a possible resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Eddirt

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by E Reed View Post
    Just added the top case added to my 2016 F3 Ltd however, the nanny flashes an open rear case warning off and on. Any suggestions to a possible resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Eddirt
    It's the latch on the case. Mine did the same thing. It's not making enough contact to push the sensor down. We added a piece of thick foam tape to the part that sticks down to contact the switch. Works great. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Let's see....

It's all in the switch... don't know the type of switch and if it has any adjustments or tabs that can be bent a bit for better contact .
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Mine did the same thing. The latch is only being held in place with clips. Put a screw in it and it work flawlessly. But definitely a design flaw.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Top case micro switch

The micro switch for the top case is only held in place with two plastic fingers on the sides and a plastic stop on the bottom.
    There is a hole in the micro switch for a screw or maybe a plastic push pin to hold the switch in a non moving position. It looks like no one got that screw or pin.

T.P.

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all for the replies about the top case warning issue, did the foam trick for now and it worked planning to look at the latch mods later.

Eddirt

Spyder Garage

Another latch issue lol. Seems like anything that opens or closes on these never seems to be quite right
    I remember the demo in our local dealer. Neither rear bag on the T would even close. Adjustments go a long way.

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red