Spyder Garage

Default Panel Removal Question

The Owner's Manual for my 2016 Can-Am Spyder F3-T shows how to take off the large side panel. However, I can't find instruction on how to remove the smaller panel that is rearward of the side panel (see green arrow in the photo). Does anyone how to do this? Do you have to remove the saddlebag as well? Thanks for any help you can provide. Click on photo to enlarge image.

Panel.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wvedec View Post
    The Owner's Manual for my 2016 Can-Am Spyder F3-T shows how to take off the large side panel. However, I can't find instruction on how to remove the smaller panel that is rearward of the side panel (see green arrow in the photo). Does anyone how to do this? Do you have to remove the saddlebag as well? Thanks for any help you can provide. Click on photo to enlarge image.

Panel.jpg
    I'm not home standing in front of my wife's F3T, but if I remember, if you remove the seats, it becomes pretty evident what screws you need to remove to remove that panel.

Spyder Garage

Default inside screws

I have a 12 r-t and if the one you have is anything like mine , the screws are in good inconspicuous , hidden spots , like the side bags , and under the seat , and under the front glove box deal .. but the lower parts are under the upper parts , hidden under the skins was a good idea ...

Spyder Garage

Default Rear side panel removal

Quote Originally Posted by wvedec View Post

Panel.jpg
    I just did mine too install the brp belt vibration contraption.

Here is my recall of what you need to do

- remove the rear portion of the seat by using the unlock on the ignition - remove the two bolts holding on the front seat and remove.
    - remove all the push pin connectors you see on the panel being removed
    - look below the saddlebags near the front of the bag and there is one more push pin there
    - I don't recall any bolts at all to remove from the panel itself
    - I recall you sort of lift the panel as there is sort of a hook over connector you can see once the front seat has been removed

Spyder Garage

I have just done this on my 2016 F3-L for the rear shock install. Gcclubs has covered it, except as well as the "hook over connector" in the middle top of the panel, there is a 1" long finger (maybe 1/8" thick) at the top rear end of the panel, that is pushed into a seating hole. Once you get the push pin connectors out and lift the panel off the hook over connector, pull the panel toward the front of the Spyder and it will slip out of the hole. The hole can be a bit hard to find when reinstalling (not a "lot" hard, just a "bit" hard )

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Gcclubs View Post
    I just did mine too install the brp belt vibration contraption.

Here is my recall of what you need to do

- remove the rear portion of the seat by using the unlock on the ignition - remove the two bolts holding on the front seat and remove.
    - remove all the push pin connectors you see on the panel being removed
    - look below the saddlebags near the front of the bag and there is one more push pin there
    - I don't recall any bolts at all to remove from the panel itself
    - I recall you sort of lift the panel as there is sort of a hook over connector you can see once the front seat has been removed
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red