Spyder Garage

Default 2017 F3L radio antenna

My radio reception is crappy and I was told that I needed to install a taller
    antenna and that should solve my problem. So how do I remove the OEM
    antenna without messing up the base? Feel free to jump in here with any and all
    experience/opinions. Surely there is a way to unscrew the mast.

Help!!

Dray

Spyder Garage

Default Antenna Removal

Quote Originally Posted by Dray View Post

Help!!

Dray
    do a web search for LaMonster video on removal of the antenna. It may also be on his site. I seem to recall you need to pull up and turn so it would seem you are tightening it vs loosening it. Video explains way better than I can.

Spyder Garage

Help!!

Dray

It's a known problem with the F3's. They put a longer antenna on mine. Still very poor reception. Do you have any LED headlight, or driving lights installed? Here's a test you can do. Start bike. Shut off the engine using the kill switch. See if the radio reception improves. Also when you remove your antenna, clean off all the locktite as best you can from everything. Bolt, eye loop top and bottom. Also the main ground under the rear cover which is easy to remove. Mine was loaded with locktite in both places. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Default 2017 F3L radio antenna

Still do not understand how to remove the actual antenna mast. It seems to
    one piece down to where it swivels sideways. I have tried pulling and twisting with no luck.
    There is word about cutting a 1/2" slice up the side and twisting clockwise to unscrew it. Does that
    mean it has reverse threads? I have to be missing something in the translation. The videos do not seem
    to address this particular antenna. I seem to be lost on this.

Dray

Spyder Garage

Default LaMonster video link remove antenna

Still do not understand how to remove the actual antenna mast. It seems to
    one piece down to where it swivels sideways. I have tried pulling and twisting with no luck.
    There is word about cutting a 1/2" slice up the side and twisting clockwise to unscrew it. Does that
    mean it has reverse threads? I have to be missing something in the translation. The videos do not seem
    to address this particular antenna. I seem to be lost on this.

Dray
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar9urt9YhTs

Spyder Garage

I used a wrench to unscrew it. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Default 2016 F3T radio reception

Installed LaMonster LED fog lights on my F3T with factory installed radio and when I turn on the LED lights it interferes with my radio reception bad. I have used the radio with music from my phone no problem. It just affects the radio reception. It's definitely the LED lights. Hope they know about the problem and can do something about it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default good luck

i have the same problem talked to lamont he not to concerned said not to many people complained about it

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

OK, I feel better now. My previous bike was a 2014 RT, and I had good reception on my radio. But now that I have a F3T with audio, the radio is not good at all. I mostly play my I-pod, and it is great, but the radio reception is terrible. Glad I am not the only one.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white