Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: spyder recall

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by USRanger View Post
    I live in Tulsa OK, but I'm from Quebec and I got "contacts" having worked for Bombardier. The brake squeal is easily fixed by replacing the pads with the new sets that have been improved, I got no noise and it was covered. The Steering recall is coming and it is advised that you be careful at low speed since steering could be hard if the DPS misbehaves, same at high speed but nobody fools around at high speed anyway, right?. I put 4500 miles in 3 months and I got nothing except the "brake failure" light that keeps coming on but it seems to be a computer glitch and it will be replaced.
    welcome

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vt228 View Post
    to all spyder ryders all bikes are on recall list go to your nearest dealer and have your plugged in to fix stering takes 23 minnets . all 07, 08, 09, don't put it off have it dune be safe even if you don't have any signs of truble know please do it we love you all and want you to be safe your friend Don VT228
    Got my letter in the mail saturday. Lorie, my wife, got one too for her spyder. I dont want to take any chances with my wife's life. They didnt have time to look at the bike that day. Made an appointment for Monday.

Took the bikes to nearest dealer today. About a half hour to forty five minutes per bike. Looks like just a software update according to my receipt.
    Last edited by kalavera; 07-28-2009 at 10:11 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Spyder View Post
    This should make the Red Carpet event a "Total Recall".
    very good