Spyder Garage

Default Service dept at denooyer chevy is worse than any spyder dealer around here

i leased my 2016 silverado from denooyer chevy last february, sales dept was great but the service dept is the worst i have ever dealt with, i have had 3 experiences with them and they were all bad

1st service was excellent and done on time until i walked out to my truck and couldnt even walk up to the door to open it because it was parked so close to another car, i went in and complained and nobody even had the slightest concern

2nd service - only went back becasue was free with lease, - gave them list of problems with truck, transmision clunks and slips and vibration when driving at 1200 rpms will spill your soda in cupholder. left truck for 2 days and rode spyder because weather was good,waited 2 days and had to call them to find out they just ordered parts and they should be in on tuesday, this was friday, asked them to lock keys in truck and i will pick up after dinner and schedule later.
    guess what when i picked up truck it was so close to another car i had to crawl across seat to get in.

3rd experience- i called 2 weeks later to find out if parts are in and they mysteriously arrived that morning so i scheduled appt 2 weeks out because i would need a loaner " car" but actually needed an suv because i dont fit in chevy cruises, no problem i was told, i called monday to confirm and was told to call back on day of appt to make sure. i called first thing this morning and was told to call back in 1 hour, i waited 2 hours and called back and was told they didnt have any suv's availabnle but to call back a 3rd time after lunch to see if one comes in.

am i missing something or has customer service just gone???

i worked in service dept for 10years before i became a state employee so i know how it should be done or how it was done, do these dealers just not care anymore or are they that poorly run??

thank you rant is over
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My Chevy dealer parks them the same way, simply because they don't have enough space. But, they don't just throw you the keys. Some guy comes out and moves it to a designated pickup spot.

Spyder Garage

Customer service is lacking. RE: not enough room between cars? They must do an awful lot of repairs there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

me thinks this would be better posted on a Chevy forum, but it's always good to get it out of your system, and not carry the baggage. As far as your question
    do these dealers just not care anymore or are they that poorly run??
    many people who are employees do not like the work that they do, so yes they don't care, Since you have been in this line of work, you have an advantage in that you can spell out now for future services what you expect from them before you go to there bosses. If the Boss is the owner, he will care. jmo

Spyder Garage

How did the 3rd experience finally end? Did they fix the problem, and did they park your car so that you could enter it, from the driver's side?

The Jeep dealer I leased from has the same problem with parking. When they park it outside, they don't leave much room; but, being I'm on the smaller size, I can squeeze in. Other times, they leave it inside.

That second photo appears that even I might have a problem squeezing in.

My Jeep dealer doesn't even have loaners, which is what I was told b/c they had to keep my Jeep a few days. I thought they were lying, but they weren't; they rented another Jeep for me from Enterprise.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i lease a infiniti and let me tell you they are the best for service. they take the car and check you in right away. if it is warranty work they automatically give you a loaner. then they wash the car and bring it to you when you come out to get it. i turn the car in next month, and i am not leasing another one, but they sure spoiled me for the next dealer

Spyder Garage

The third visit never took place, my wife spoke to the owner but he never called me, I did ask them not to park so I can't get in and they just ignored me, oh well the benefit of a chevy is there are many dealers to choose from, or i may just say it's a lease and they will get it back soon enough