Spyder Garage

Default Rear Shock for Frequent 2 up on 2016 F3T

I owned a 2016 F3T and read a lot about BACK Shock and still cant seems to find an answer to my Question.. Me and my wife ride a lot together and it seems the stock rear shock is not the best. I want to replace it. Any suggestion? can we install and air kit with a switch like the RT?? plz help. ty.

Daniel..

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

To clarify, the rear shock on the f3 and f3 s is substandard, hence the two up shock.

Yours is is the air shock, a totally different beast. I shall leave it to others to talk about how much pressure etc, but you can safely ignore all the two up shock threads.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    To clarify, the rear shock on the f3 and f3 s is substandard, hence the two up shock.

Yours is is the air shock, a totally different beast. I shall leave it to others to talk about how much pressure etc, but you can safely ignore all the two up shock threads.
    Lois is spot on, Daniel....the 16 F3 T and L have the Sachs manual air adjustable shock, which supercedes the previous lightweight F3 shocks. I come in at 300lbs and my passenger runs around 130 and we set the air shock to around 65psi with great results. I drop it to 50psi when I'm riding solo.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round, with sag adjusted for extra 3/8” clearance up front
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

BRP actually makes a kit which includes the air pump and all the parts needed to make it fully automatic like the RT. It is in the $400.00+ range. If you install it yourself, you have to take it to the dealer to get the computer programmed to make it work. I have almost bought it on numerous occasions but backed out every time. Mine holds pressure fine so it's not that much trouble although I would still like to have it. The 2017 F3 Limited comes with it.

Spyder Garage

Thank you very much guys for all the Info. Now I know I do not have to replace the back Shock.. But I will look into to air kit. would be nice to have..

Daniel..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dmartin View Post
    Thank you very much guys for all the Info. Now I know I do not have to replace the back Shock.. But I will look into to air kit. would be nice to have..

Daniel..
    Daniel, you already have the "air kit" on your F3-T.....lift the rear seat and you'll see a tyre valve. Fill this to the required psi depending on your weight (using a hand pump, not a power pump...it's only a small air bag) and away you go......Check it once a fortnight as they seem to lose 3 or 4 psi a fortnight.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round, with sag adjusted for extra 3/8” clearance up front
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Daniel, you already have the "air kit" on your F3-T.....lift the rear seat and you'll see a tyre valve. Fill this to the required psi depending on your weight (using a hand pump, not a power pump...it's only a small air bag) and away you go......Check it once a fortnight as they seem to lose 3 or 4 psi a fortnight.

Pete
    That is not the air kit I was referring to. All Touring & Limited models have the air valve to pump the air bag up but BRP also makes a kit which can be added that automatically pumps the bag up or down according to the load. It sells for a little over 400 bucks...