Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Those factory installed farkles ain't cheap!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    I hope they are currently getting parts built for the 2018 models, otherwise it may be a long wait when the assembly starts making them this fall.
    I doubt the feedback they get from this survey will make it into a 2018 model. It will take multiple years to affect design changes. Maybe 2019...it would be nice if they lowered accessory pricing. You can get better quality aftermarket parts and accessories for half the cost of OEM.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The questions I was asked where about head lights, tire pressure monitors in display, comfort of seat, reach to handle bars, stiffness of suspension, and radio.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Default I got the call last week

BRP asked us all the same questions. I said they were expensive enough,and any thing they added should
    not cost us more, they should already know we all want a better seat, tires and stabilizer bar.

Spyder Garage

If they keep just asking RT riders we'll end up with lazy boy seats, auto-pilot and entertainment systems so they can watch sat tv while reclined with the autopilot on:-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are only two models. (and their derivatives...)
    The F-3 was new in 2015, while the RT stretches back to 2010...
    Which one do you think they should ask about?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Was anything said about instrument panel turn-signal indicators that are actually visible? And they shouldn't cost one penny more!
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    I doubt the feedback they get from this survey will make it into a 2018 model. It will take multiple years to affect design changes. Maybe 2019...it would be nice if they lowered accessory pricing. You can get better quality aftermarket parts and accessories for half the cost of OEM.
    I was told 2 years go. That 2019 would be the year for an updated RT model. Whether that is true or not. Time will tell. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Default BRP CALL

I got my call today. I asked for a stiffer sway bar and a better rear shock as standard equipment.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

I would've thought that these would've been on most people's lists:

• better tires (or at least recognition that most good CAR tires DO work fine on our Spyders);
    • a range or selection of better suspension/shocks/sway-bars;
    • a range/variety of windshields that work for differently sized people & needs; &
    • a range/variety of seats for different sized people & preferences.

With at least some people then calling for:

• more power; &
    • maybe even a bit more 'programability' to allow personal tuning of how/when the Nanny intervenes (or at least 'Sport' mode across the board!!).....

Regardless, it seems that not too many people interested in Spyders outside North America ever get asked, so it's pretty clear where their biggest market lies. Shame, cos IMO their market penetration could be a LOT greater in a heap more places if they ever showed any real interest!

Spyder Garage

If BRP calls me I will suggest a painted dashboard as an option! Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

When they called me I said , "Did I win a New Spyder or Sea Doo?" and they said No? I said I'm busy right now-Call back Later. Still waiting?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I got the call several days ago, and thought about mentioning it here, but passed. So I'll chime in here.

I'm fairly happy with the current RT (I have a 2014 RT-S). Size, rider position, control layout, etc. When they asked about additional lighting (a la TRICLED), I said no. I think there's value in having aftermarket suppliers for all the possible variations of farkles. IF BRP started including TRICLED-like light kits, some businesses might go under. I'd rather not see that. Competition is a good thing, as are the jobs they bring.

The one thing I really pinged them on, was the OEM tires, and BRP's corporate reluctance (heck, outright refusal) to let dealers install even rider-supplied non-OEM rubber. I mentioned that, IMO, tire alternatives generate the most discussion in Spyder forums and are perhaps the Spyders' sorest point. I said they really need to find a different supplier than Kenda, and they need to let the dealers install non-OEM tires.

I also said they need to install, as standard equipment, a power outlet in the cockpit (I would prefer in that blank center slot, amongst the other rocker switches, below the handlebars). So folks can power electric clothing. It's nickles and dime stuff; for the price of an RT, it ought to be a no-brainer.

Spyder Garage

Default Additional Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I would've thought that these would've been on most people's lists:

• better tires (or at least recognition that most good CAR tires DO work fine on our Spyders);
    • a range or selection of better suspension/shocks/sway-bars;
    • a range/variety of windshields that work for differently sized people & needs; &
    • a range/variety of seats for different sized people & preferences.

With at least some people then calling for:

• more power; &
    • maybe even a bit more 'programability' to allow personal tuning of how/when the Nanny intervenes (or at least 'Sport' mode across the board!!).....

Regardless, it seems that not too many people interested in Spyders outside North America ever get asked, so it's pretty clear where their biggest market lies. Shame, cos IMO their market penetration could be a LOT greater in a heap more places if they ever showed any real interest!
    These are actually good things on the list. In addition, I would recommend for the F3 Models or any other Models:

1) SHOCKS. Instead of those SACH shocks in the rear and Fox Shocks in the front. Have all shocks the same such as the FOX shocks on both front and rear. Otherwise manufacturer needs to find Shocks that are better than FOX schocks and comparing form different vendors.

2) ELECTRONICS. Less electronic components. It seems like the more electronics than the more expensive it gets in repairing them. I would like to signals to turn left on the monitor rather than having signals that look like hazard lights.

3) IDLER KIT. Idler kit placed instead of buying it for our personal use. Keep this as part of the Can-am Spyder.

4) TIRES. Recommend search for the best tires. If they are able to put BREMO brakes than why not have the best tires.

5) SUSPENSION. Better handling than place the sway bar installed already. Most sports car already have sway bars on them.

6) FOG LIGHTS. Have the fog lights installed

7) POWER. Additional speed would be nice. If necessary take out the front trunk to make some adjustments. Sure the 2015 and above does have less trunk space to accommodate that 115 HP. Might as well do something. By the way, I am not a mechanical engineer...lol

Above all, these are some of the items and discrepancies listed that I see on the Forums most of the time. I would like the Can-am to be better than the Harley Davidson (American Model) or Indians (American Models). If Can-am can be the best in the manufacturer business than be the best. Profitability will run high for the Can-am Spyders. If they are going to open the market to have everyone buy the Can-am Spyder than have them make it affordable for everyone to purchase. That is my recommendation for the Can-am manufacturers.

I am not sure what President wanted Americans to have all automobiles. But here is an old video that I thought I could find:

Last edited by ussoldier; 02-16-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sort of looking for another serious re-designing of the bike.
    Make it longer... give the operator and passenger a longer seating area.
    Make the top trunk actually useful! It needs to be made larger from front to rear, and a little bit wider.
    The side storage compartments need to be longer from front to rar, and wider! We need more storage space!
    If this requires going to a shaft-drive setup: that's okay with me!
    The radio needs to be sourced from a different supplier. The interface needs to be made easier to use, and the overall quality needs some serious attention.
    Since the bike will be longer: it'll have more room for a larger fuel tank: give us even more range!
    Simplify the panel mounting and removal process...
    Why do you need to remove the mirrors, in order to remove the side panels?

But I am happy with the engine and transmission combination!

Spyder Garage

I got the call from BRP today. Mine lasted 35 minutes. I was asked all the above questions and gave them my opinions.

When it came to all the electronic whizbangs that they said could be added at extra cost--I gave them a no on everything.

I would like to see a bit less electronic stuff--as in less stuff to go wrong.

I am pretty much happy with the ergonomics as they are. I did mention that OEM seats suck. I replaced all five of mine. More and brighter lighting should be added an little to no extra costs. Its called "safety."

I mentioned a bigger engine would be nice also.

I guess I am still on the "list."

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If they call me with an "888" number they won't be getting an answer from me.

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I asked for one of these for the Frunk

Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    Chris,
    Make sure that you order the proper one; they come in a variety of models!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blitzkreig View Post
    If they call me with an "888" number they won't be getting an answer from me.
    Mine came from 882.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default They asked about Blutooth Features and my ST

When they called me today, they asked if I would pay extra for bluetooth features like being able to use my cellphone or talk to my riding buddies. And GPS Navigation. And more color choices. I hope BRP is not running out of innovative ideas. I also got some of the same questions mentioned above, but not all. Mostly about new electronic gadgets and color/style choices, few of which would cause me to open my wallet wider.

The man who called me said he usually works for BRP's SKI-DOO division, but was brought in to help with this survey. Must be a big survey. On questions about comfort, I asked if I should answer based on my wife's F3 or my ST, and he said I should comment on the ST. I would not take that to mean a future replacement for the ST is in the cards.
    2013 ST , Gray