Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Oops!!!! I looked back

Quote Originally Posted by kngfsh27 View Post
    I recently sold my beloved '99 Harley Softail and bought a 2014 RT Limited. My wife and I were going to lunch to celebrate my birthday and just happened to stop at the Can Am dealer on the way. We went in only to look around. After 20 minutes of visiting with the salesman, my wife was in love with it. We went on to lunch with my wife looking at the brochure through our meal. After we ate, we went back and made the purchase. I got it home on 11/18. I finally got to take it out last weekend due to the weather. After a 300 mile Saturday ride, I am not looking back. What a fun ride. Amazing how fast I got used to no clutch, no hand brake and keeping my feet up at stops. The only negative is, this thing wants to speed. I will learn to hold it back. Looking forward to warm weather.
    My 2014 RTL has left the garage. It has been replaced with a 2017 Harley Tri-Glide. My wife felt it was time to move on. While I enjoyed the Spyder, I am sure that I will enjoy the Harley. The Harley just looks more at home in my garage
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I just bought a 2012 RTL and love it. The automatic transmission is great for traffic and I can't wait to go on my first long trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

the only thing i miss from the harley is the rumble that the pipes produce! Other than that, i honestly can say, i dont miss a thing! I always say; if you can get used to driving a car with no hand brake, you can get used to the can am rather easy! Ride safely!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My 2014 RTL has left the garage. It has been replaced with a 2017 Harley Tri-Glide. My wife felt it was time to move on. While I enjoyed the Spyder, I am sure that I will enjoy the Harley. The Harley just looks more at home in my garage
    Nice ride! enjoy it

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Let the farkle begin!

Spyder Garage

I made the switch last June from A Harley Trike,
    I have been very happy with Spyder, mine is a 2015 RT special
    edition. Black with mat gray trim and a maroon seat. Planning a trip to Oaklahoma in Sept. enjoy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Best of luck with the TRIGLIDE. I got rid of the TRIGLIDE for the SPYDER. Been real happen with my decision. Got rid of the TANK as I call it.

Maybe some year they will get it right and I will consider a return to the other side.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Best of luck with the TRIGLIDE. I got rid of the TRIGLIDE for the SPYDER. Been real happen with my decision. Got rid of the TANK as I call it.

Maybe some year they will get it right and I will consider a return to the other side.
    I passed on the Tri-Glide when I got my'14 Spyder. Hard to steer. Twin cam air cooled engine. I was drawn back by the new single cam duel cooled engine. Harley also took all trike building in house. New frame, new front fork geometry. I enjoyed the Spyder. I put almost 19k fun miles on it in two seasons. I'm glad I owned one, but there was something about it that wasn't me. There are pros and cons to each.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lou49 View Post
    the only thing i miss from the harley is the rumble that the pipes produce! Other than that, i honestly can say, i dont miss a thing! I always say; if you can get used to driving a car with no hand brake, you can get used to the can am rather easy! Ride safely!
    I got used to the no clutch, no hand brake really fast. Only ghost shifted a couple times. The Spyder was over 18k miles of fun except when it was in the shop. After going in four times for coolant leaks, my wife was done with it. Little things started adding up. Other than that, it was a ton of fun to ride. Sometimes almost too much fun. I know that I won't be going through the twisties as fast on the Harley as I did on the Spyder. For me, that is not a bad thing. Have fun. Be safe.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lou49 View Post
    Let the farkle begin!
    Wife hid the checkbook and the credit card.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I got used to the no clutch, no hand brake really fast. Only ghost shifted a couple times. The Spyder was over 18k miles of fun except when it was in the shop. After going in four times for coolant leaks, my wife was done with it. Little things started adding up. Other than that, it was a ton of fun to ride. Sometimes almost too much fun. I know that I won't be going through the twisties as fast on the Harley as I did on the Spyder. For me, that is not a bad thing. Have fun. Be safe.
    Well don't reckon I'll be trading my Victory Vegas for a Spyder but after putting 5000 miles on a friends 2010 RT
    I certainly could have a Spyder alongside the Vic.
    Best of both worlds!

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the new ride, I also just moved to a Spyder in Nov. and looking forward to the spring

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the switchback, does your new Harley come with the new engine design, the Milwaukee 8.
    2016 F3 Spyder Limited SE6
    2005 Honda ST1300 ABS

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wife hid the checkbook and the credit card.
    What she doesn't know is that you put a chip on that wallet and you can track it anytime!

Spyder Garage

Great story. The HD guys I ride with have all told me when they decide to switch to 3 wheels it will be on a Spyder as well. I think they're tired of me dusting them at every stoplight. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

That's an awful lot of money to spend just to get people to wave at you again. They do wave at Tri-Glide

trikes don't they?

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Speaking of waving..The Harley riders stopped waving since I got the Spyder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I passed on the Tri-Glide when I got my'14 Spyder. Hard to steer. Twin cam air cooled engine. I was drawn back by the new single cam duel cooled engine. Harley also took all trike building in house. New frame, new front fork geometry. I enjoyed the Spyder. I put almost 19k fun miles on it in two seasons. I'm glad I owned one, but there was something about it that wasn't me. There are pros and cons to each.

Well good luck with it. Been reading some things on the new Milwaukee 8 have to see if and when Harley gets things straightened out

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New to Spyders, question for you

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    I'm new to the Forum and may be sending this to you in the wrong format. Sorry. As I said I'm new and wish to learn as much about the Spyders, particularly the RT Limited model, as I can. I will be purchasing my bike within the next 3 - 6 months. I read your reply and saw the list of things under your avatar. How can I find out about those items (what they are, where to purchase, etc.)? Anything that you can tell me would be appreciated. Thanks for listening! papaaalpha1949

Spyder Garage

I recently sold my beloved '99 Harley Softail and bought a 2014 RT Limited. My wife and I were going to lunch to celebrate my birthday and just happened to stop at the Can Am dealer on the way. We went in only to look around. After 20 minutes of visiting with the salesman, my wife was in love with it. We went on to lunch with my wife looking at the brochure through our meal. After we ate, we went back and made the purchase. I got it home on 11/18. I finally got to take it out last weekend due to the weather. After a 300 mile Saturday ride, I am not looking back. What a fun ride. Amazing how fast I got used to no clutch, no hand brake and keeping my feet up at stops. The only negative is, this thing wants to speed. I will learn to hold it back. Looking forward to warm weather.

Enjoy. The RTS is the most enjoyable bike that I have ever ridden.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by papaaalpha1949 View Post
    I'm new to the Forum and may be sending this to you in the wrong format. Sorry. As I said I'm new and wish to learn as much about the Spyders, particularly the RT Limited model, as I can. I will be purchasing my bike within the next 3 - 6 months. I read your reply and saw the list of things under your avatar. How can I find out about those items (what they are, where to purchase, etc.)? Anything that you can tell me would be appreciated. Thanks for listening! papaaalpha1949

What things do you need to know about the Limited RT? There is plenty of info on this site